Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a CO who does not bother replying?

Old May 23rd 2012, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

imran.arif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone got a CO who does not bother replying?

Please share if anyone had such bad experiences
Old May 23rd 2012, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got a CO who does not bother replying?

I havent a clue but please remember that you arent the only person on a CO's allocation list, people are allowed holidays and do get sick and probably have other work to be doing as well. They wont be dedicating 100% of their time to your application. I am sure that they will be in touch when they need something or have information for you.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lusie is an unknown quantity at this point

@BikerGirl: at least they should have some time (5 mins atmost) to write a reply for your email.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it depends on the question. If they have had 40 emails that day all saying 'when will I have my visa?', then I would rather they ignore them and use their time actually issuing visas rather than telling each one 'as long as it takes'.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
I havent a clue but please remember that you arent the only person on a CO's allocation list, people are allowed holidays and do get sick and probably have other work to be doing as well. They wont be dedicating 100% of their time to your application. I am sure that they will be in touch when they need something or have information for you.
Very true. Hope you are aware that if a CO has asked someone for some information e.g. PCCs and Meds, he/she provides an applicant with a time period of 28 days to respond. Now during that period if someone is getting any problem e.g. usually there is a medical ID blockage problem through e-health system of DIAC and usually it delays upto 2 weeks also. Applicant is not responsible for such kind of delays and needs to inform the CO so he/she can forward the request to health strategies department.
Now if CO does not respond to these kind of issues neither forwards them, then ultimately who would be responsible when 28 days have elapsed and still no medical results have reached the system.
If a CO is sick or on leave or whatever, is n't there any one in the department who can act as substitute or is n't there anyone monitoring the COs?
Moreover, applicants who get quick replies from their COs and get their applications processed quickly, r those COs having no other applicant on their work queue or they are free all the times or they never get sick.

The point is : Is there any authority who continuously keeps a check on efficiency and work quality of these COs? And above scenario discussed is true and faced by my friend.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

jkalyar is an unknown quantity at this point

I got CO who replies on time, but I referred her only twice in 2 years, did not bother her till the time she told me that your processing has reached certain milestone. I think you got to be purposeful and specific while putting any query.. .
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jkalyar
I got CO who replies on time, but I referred her only twice in 2 years, did not bother her till the time she told me that your processing has reached certain milestone. I think you got to be purposeful and specific while putting any query.. .

Discussing about genuine questions who are not lucky enough to get a response.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Normally, i guess they do answer queries, it might initially take some time to start-up, or to respond to redundant or purposeful questions (that you want to hear a specific answer).

Otherwise, its their job. and i found their correspondence very accurately pointed and self-explaining.

But the fact that also cannot be declined is that if there are any delays that the client is unknown about. they should respond promptly.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lusie
Normally, i guess they do answer queries, it might initially take some time to start-up, or to respond to redundant or purposeful questions (that you want to hear a specific answer).

Otherwise, its their job. and i found their correspondence very accurately pointed and self-explaining.

But the fact that also cannot be declined is that if there are any delays that the client is unknown about. they should respond promptly.
That's what i am talking about, questions which really mean something deserve to be answered
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

@BikerGirl: at least they should have some time (5 mins atmost) to write a reply for your email.
Sure. They can take 5 minutes for each of their 300 active cases every day to answer an email. Just don't be surprised when they don't have any time left to actually process your application.

Honestly, what were you expecting from him/her? You have sent an email saying you are unable to do something within the allocated time. Were you asking a specific question or just informing him/her of that fact?
Old May 24th 2012, 1:29 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sure. They can take 5 minutes for each of their 300 active cases every day to answer an email. Just don't be surprised when they don't have any time left to actually process your application.

Honestly, what were you expecting from him/her? You have sent an email saying you are unable to do something within the allocated time. Were you asking a specific question or just informing him/her of that fact?

+1

Oh yes, because COs have all the time in the world to respond to the hundreds of e-mails they get daily saying "WHERE IS MY VISA?!"

Originally Posted by imran.arif
That's what i am talking about, questions which really mean something deserve to be answered
Ahh, but what makes your questions more deserving of answers than someone else's?

If you keep bombarding them with e-mails, don't be surprised if it takes longer to get a decision. As Dorothy says, they won't have any time left for processing the application.
Old May 24th 2012, 1:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. Hope you are aware that if a CO has asked someone for some information e.g. PCCs and Meds, he/she provides an applicant with a time period of 28 days to respond. Now during that period if someone is getting any problem e.g. usually there is a medical ID blockage problem through e-health system of DIAC and usually it delays upto 2 weeks also. Applicant is not responsible for such kind of delays and needs to inform the CO so he/she can forward the request to health strategies department.
Now if CO does not respond to these kind of issues neither forwards them, then ultimately who would be responsible when 28 days have elapsed and still no medical results have reached the system.
If a CO is sick or on leave or whatever, is n't there any one in the department who can act as substitute or is n't there anyone monitoring the COs?
Moreover, applicants who get quick replies from their COs and get their applications processed quickly, r those COs having no other applicant on their work queue or they are free all the times or they never get sick.

The point is : Is there any authority who continuously keeps a check on efficiency and work quality of these COs? And above scenario discussed is true and faced by my friend.
No offence but you're talking nonsense really. A CO will request Meds and PCCs. You get them into motion but are unable to get them sorted in the 28 days so you tell them. They receive that message and so wait for the information to arrive. Do you mean to tell me that you expect a reply saying ok, mr xxx that's fine, when you're ready? Why? You don't have a relationship with this person, he's doing his job and you are doing yours.

As for the bit I've highlighted, how do you know that applicants have got their visas quicker? You don't and you certainly don't know if it's because their CO has been sending chit chat emails to them.

If I were a CO (thank christ I'm not), I would send the email, await a response, when that came, either with the info or telling me it would be delayed, the last thing I would do would be to reply back pointlessly.

I understand the frustration of waiting, we've all been there done that but hovvering over someone is not going to get the job done any quicker. A visa is a privilege not a right, you may be granted one, you may not but in the meantime you provide the information required and get one with your own life and the time will pass quicker.
Old May 24th 2012, 1:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add a bit more info, knowing the workings of Aussie Govt Departments..... every email a CO receives will need to be documented, catalogued, electronically filed, only a couple of minutes work on each one but all that time does add up. Then if they reply to the email they have to document, catalogue and file that reply....another couple of minutes.
Its not as easy as get an email, answer it with "thanks" and carry on with what you are doing, every email starts a process which interrupts the day and casues everything to slide back by a few minutes. If a CO has 300 cases and each one emails each day to ask for an update, and expects an email in reply.....you do the maths, its scary!
Old May 24th 2012, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

emonje is an unknown quantity at this point

Please share if anyone had such bad experiences
You did receive an auto reply, right? Then you can be certain your CO has got your mail & the info it contained.

I had some major issues with my app, & problems with e-health. I mailed my CO may be 30 times over a period of 1.5 yrs, always with something that I needed to let him know. I always received auto generated replies & nothing more. In the end it turned out he knew my case like the back of his hand (may be because of the torrent of mail I sent him). It was surprising given the number of cases they process. I say they are pretty darn efficient at DIAC.

It is not bad not to receive personal reply to every email. They're just doing what is really important & that'll benefit you & many others like you.
Old May 24th 2012, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Yet but i still argue, that this totally varies from person to person.

I queried my CO about some thing, when the online status changed "Application being processed further", and i found my CO very efficient in responding to my query. And it was not more than a line.Which would have taken hardly 2 mins. and Yet i agree the CO's have pile of work to complete, so responding to each separate query is impossible. they will or can respond once they find it suitable.

I wish and pray imran.arif gets reply and progress very very soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.