Anyone going to Leeds Expo?

Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone going to Leeds Expo?

My OH and I went to an expo at York last year...at this point we hadn't lodged our visa application, but did know where we wanted to go, which visa to apply for etc, and therefore didn't find the expo much use. In fact there seemed to be more kids there than adults.

However, we are now awaiting a case officer, and feel we should really be thinking about finances, removal companies etc. Does anyone have any advice as to whether the expo might be any use at this point for us??

THanks
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Leeds Expo?

Originally Posted by helsbells79
My OH and I went to an expo at York last year...at this point we hadn't lodged our visa application, but did know where we wanted to go, which visa to apply for etc, and therefore didn't find the expo much use. In fact there seemed to be more kids there than adults.

However, we are now awaiting a case officer, and feel we should really be thinking about finances, removal companies etc. Does anyone have any advice as to whether the expo might be any use at this point for us??

THanks

I think you'd get more info on here, plus it's always good to go on recommendations rather than a sales pitch. And you don't even have to leave your armchair
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice

Hi,

Me & hubby are going, not sure what to expect but we have bought our tickets today. It's only an hour away & we thought there may be opportunity to meet companies for possible job enquiries. We are just awaiting our medicals now, booked for 7th April, so might be worth a look.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:41 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice

Originally Posted by helsbells79

THanks
Hi yes we are going, even though not applied for visa as yet, just trying to gather all my info.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

We booked our tickets online this morning as the Johannesburg Expo sold out online before the event and we didn't want to risk it.
Although we have spent the last 2 months doing loads of research, and hours spent reading posts on this site (all useful) we think it might be worth a few hours next weekend.

We are not expecting job offers (neither of us do the sort of job an employer would wait for us for) so it's just a chance to pick up some info we would not have got otherwise. I get the the impression that a lot of people expect a huge number of employers to be at these things offering jobs and sponsorship and then come away disappointed as a sponsored visa is so hard to get and it's their only way in.

Charlene
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point

No...I wouldn't be going from a job point of view, as I know there is absolutely no way of me finding a job that way given my field of work. Think we might go along and have a nosey around if we have time. It's not cheap for a ticket though is it?!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

We are going, don't expect a job offer (although that would be nice). It's not far from us so we are going to go rather than wish we had. Hopefully we will find out something useful. If not, it's a day out.

Jo
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

getusoverthere is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Anyone going to Leeds Expo?

hi everyone, yes,my wife and i are going to the leeds expo next week, our main reason is to speak to employment agencies about our jobs and see if there is work for us over in oz, especially the Brisbane area, our jobs are art college lecturer and chemical production technician.
Fingers crossed we may come home feeling positive.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

I think that's that right sort of attitude to go with.

The jobs we do (accountant and recruitment consultant) are really easy to do job searches for on the net. So much so we have made our city choice (Melbourne) by looking at the number of jobs available for us both, only Sydney had more (just didn't fancy Sydney or Perth).
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:27 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Yes, we have got our tickets. Thought it may be worth a visit.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

See you all there
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

Erm... You've got me thinking now whether it'll be worth us going???
We're in middle of process, had meds and police checks. Like some of you say not expecting job offer but more info from recruitment agencies, especially for OH who is retail (i'm teacher so don't expect any help there).
What do you think?
Jo
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jo n craig
We're in middle of process, had meds and police checks. Like some of you say not expecting job offer but more info from recruitment agencies, especially for OH who is retail (i'm teacher so don't expect any help there).
What do you think?
Jo

Hiya,

I can't see any harm in going, nothing ventured nothing gained I say, unless it is going to be a real struggle to get there otherwise I would say just go for it.
You just never know what the day might bring for you both.

All the best, Gilly
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jo n craig
What do you think?
Jo
I know we don't really want to cross the border but it's a day out isn't it?
There are a couple of seminars from states which might be interesting.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi, we too are going to Leeds expo. Went to one a few years ago and there where lots of recruitment people there (particularly for nursing). Gave out lots of CV's and collected lots of pens and other junk. Leeds is a great city I'm sure we will find a nice wine bar / restaurant if the expo is no good. NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED!!
Caroline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.