anybody been turned down??

Old May 16th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Question Re: anybody been turned down??

HELLO PETENSUE ARE YOU THERE ?

THANKS
DONNA
Old May 16th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anybody been turned down??

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
HELLO PETENSUE ARE YOU THERE ?

THANKS
DONNA
Hi Donna I am here!

Sue
Old May 16th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hi Sue,

Nice to speak to you.

My partner and me have just sent off our forms for assessment (TRA), am I allowed to ask which agent you used or is that against website policy ?

Thanks
Donna.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna.

Good luck with your TRA.I don't if you are allowed to name agents but I think you are just not allowed to slag them off.So here goes we used Go Matilda and they were very good.

What part of Oz are you hopefully going to?
Old May 16th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: anybody been turned down??

Thanks Sue, I have heard alot of people say they have been with Go Matilda and all reviews I have read have been good !

We are planning to move to QLD, my partner Pete, has a cousin who lives on Bribie Island, QLD, it's always nice to know you have somebody close by.

We are actually using A & M Austrailian Migration based in Suffolk, the lady there seems really nice, she is also reassuring which is good because I worry enough for everybody !

With us only being in the first stages, I still feel very nervous as to whether things will work out ok ??? We are sooo ready for this, I know everything just takes time but I would go tomorrow if I could !! We may not like it or things may not turn out, but hey, least we tried !!!

What about you, where are you planning to set up base ?

Thanks
Donna.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Donna.

My brother In Law lives in Perth which is why we will be going there.We have a few places we like the sound of but will make up our minds when we get out there.

All the waiting and not knowing if you will get the visa at the end of it makes it so difficult.But like you say it is something that is worth trying.

Fingers crossed for you. Sue.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

Originally Posted by petensue
We applied 17 years ago and were turned down due to lack of points as brother in law was not a Oz citizen then.You had to apply to Australia House then and there was no internet to help add up the points though it only cost us £8o.

We got an agent about 4 years ago and was charged a lot of money and did not even et to the TRA stage.This put us off until last year when we got a good agent and we got our visa last Friday.

I really wanted to say if we did it in the end there is hope for everyone!
Congratulations petensue.
Can i ask who your new agent was as i'm looking around for one at the moment.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
Congratulations petensue.
Can i ask who your new agent was as i'm looking around for one at the moment.
Thanks Ding Dong.
We used Go Matilda.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

CONGRATULATIONS Pete n Sue

Best wishes 4 your newlife downunder

Suexxx
Old May 17th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suesk
CONGRATULATIONS Pete n Sue

Best wishes 4 your newlife downunder

Suexxx
Thank you.Fingers crossed for you Sue, I hope you hear soon.
Old May 17th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

I would presume that if anybody that gets turned down it would be because of medicals or Police checks
Old May 17th 2007, 11:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton
I would presume that if anybody that gets turned down it would be because of medicals or Police checks
Not quite Im afraid.

My husbands country of origin are not complying with requests for intelligence checks.

We are not the first to have ours left in a drawer and no doubt, wont be the last.

Our visa cannot be granted without country of origin providing the requested info and it appears that they are in no hurry to do it - if they do it at all because they don't have to.

There is noone from his country we can contact or complain to.

We can only hope that one day, someone opens 'that drawer' and deals with our paperwork.

But we won't hold our breath because I am sure I would go blue whilst waiting.

Old May 17th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear that
Old May 17th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Not quite Im afraid.

My husbands country of origin are not complying with requests for intelligence checks.

We are not the first to have ours left in a drawer and no doubt, wont be the last.

Our visa cannot be granted without country of origin providing the requested info and it appears that they are in no hurry to do it - if they do it at all because they don't have to.

There is noone from his country we can contact or complain to.

We can only hope that one day, someone opens 'that drawer' and deals with our paperwork.

But we won't hold our breath because I am sure I would go blue whilst waiting.

We had a similar issue with my wife. She worked in Saudi Arabia 9 years before we applied for the Visa. So she needed to get a police check from Saudi Arabia. Nope, not possible unless you are a Saudi Citizen. DIMIA insists on the check [since their rules mandate it] however. In the end we contacted the British Consulate in Jeddah and managed to get a letter from them stating they had no record of any criminal involvement under my wifes name {they would be informed if she was arrested}. Still not enough for the DIMIA. So off to the Foreign Office in London to get a statement from them and then off to the Saudi Embassy in London for them to stamp the document.

Finally the DIMIA accepted that. If they hadn't then I believe you can lodge some kind of 'waiver request' with them that due to very good reasons, you cannot supply the required documents and can justify those reasons.

I'm curious by what you mean as 'intelligence checks' from his country 'of origin'. I thought all you needed was a police clearance from any country you have lived in during the last ten years plus one from your current country of residence. Check to see what your options are - you *MAY* be able to continue with your app without those bits of paper. Just because the rules say you need doesn't mean it isn't possible to get them waived as a special case.
Old May 17th 2007, 12:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
We had a similar issue with my wife. She worked in Saudi Arabia 9 years before we applied for the Visa. So she needed to get a police check from Saudi Arabia. Nope, not possible unless you are a Saudi Citizen. DIMIA insists on the check [since their rules mandate it] however. In the end we contacted the British Consulate in Jeddah and managed to get a letter from them stating they had no record of any criminal involvement under my wifes name {they would be informed if she was arrested}. Still not enough for the DIMIA. So off to the Foreign Office in London to get a statement from them and then off to the Saudi Embassy in London for them to stamp the document.

Finally the DIMIA accepted that. If they hadn't then I believe you can lodge some kind of 'waiver request' with them that due to very good reasons, you cannot supply the required documents and can justify those reasons.

I'm curious by what you mean as 'intelligence checks' from his country 'of origin'. I thought all you needed was a police clearance from any country you have lived in during the last ten years plus one from your current country of residence. Check to see what your options are - you *MAY* be able to continue with your app without those bits of paper. Just because the rules say you need doesn't mean it isn't possible to get them waived as a special case.
We provided police checks from his country. The internal/intelligence checks are more in-depth as my husband is from a high risk country.

I assume its their equivalent to MI5 or something like that, checking out hes not a terrorist or something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.