anybody been turned down??

Old May 11th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future
Question anybody been turned down??

I just wondered what the stats were like, has anybody applied and been turned down? What is the success rate like?

has anyone been accepted on a subsequent application?
Old May 12th 2007, 12:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anybody been turned down??

Originally Posted by Zigzag
I just wondered what the stats were like, has anybody applied and been turned down? What is the success rate like?

has anyone been accepted on a subsequent application?
No public stats as far as I know, but anecdotally the skilled applicants had a refusal rate of about 10-15% a few years ago. Work experience is a major issue with many offshore applications, Assurance of Support traps many sponsored applicants. Then there are the health, character and child custody criteria.

An offshore applicant can usually reapply but unless circumstances (or rules) change there will just be a second refusal.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

I would imagine that most people would be like me and not apply unless they knew they had enough points or a good chance of success through another method. Therefore even if there were stats I couldn't imagine them being of much use.
Old May 13th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future

Sorry didn't mean official stats, just wondered if anyone with the right amount of points was ever turned down?
Old May 13th 2007, 9:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry didn't mean official stats, just wondered if anyone with the right amount of points was ever turned down?
We have been waiting 15 months and are waiting on Internal checks.

Now to the best of our knowledge there are no problems. But would one assume there are due to our case taking so long?

Who knows.

Ill let you know if we get refused.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We have been waiting 15 months and are waiting on Internal checks.

Now to the best of our knowledge there are no problems. But would one assume there are due to our case taking so long?

Who knows.

Ill let you know if we get refused.
Good luck !! Hope it doesn't take much longer!! thats ages!!
Old May 14th 2007, 11:59 pm

sush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud of

I've been waiting one year having submitted everything. No issues in my case as well but you never know!

sush
Old May 15th 2007, 7:44 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sush-jpn
I've been waiting one year having submitted everything. No issues in my case as well but you never know!

sush
We can wait together, Im growing old and grey waiting.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

We applied 17 years ago and were turned down due to lack of points as brother in law was not a Oz citizen then.You had to apply to Australia House then and there was no internet to help add up the points though it only cost us £8o.

We got an agent about 4 years ago and was charged a lot of money and did not even et to the TRA stage.This put us off until last year when we got a good agent and we got our visa last Friday.

I really wanted to say if we did it in the end there is hope for everyone!
Old May 15th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Originally Posted by petensue
Hmmm! But sometimes hope is not enough.
Old May 15th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by petensue
We applied 17 years ago and were turned down due to lack of points as brother in law was not a Oz citizen then.You had to apply to Australia House then and there was no internet to help add up the points though it only cost us £8o.

We got an agent about 4 years ago and was charged a lot of money and did not even et to the TRA stage.This put us off until last year when we got a good agent and we got our visa last Friday.

FAN-TASTIC! I love a happy ending!! Good luck!! When and where are you going??
Old May 15th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

FAN-TASTIC! I love a happy ending!! Good luck!! When and where are you going??
Thanks Zigzag .We are going to Perth as soon as we sell our house.We hope to get an estate agent round to value it early next week.
Old May 16th 2007, 12:19 am

sush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We can wait together, Im growing old and grey waiting.

Sure thing PP!!
Happy to have company

I'm 16 weeks pregnant now and I only hope & pray that the visa comes before the baby does!!

sush
Old May 16th 2007, 12:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sush-jpn
I'm 16 weeks pregnant now and I only hope & pray that the visa comes before the baby does!!
You will need enough time to get to Australia after visa grant and have the baby born there. Otherwise you will need to sponsor baby for a separate visa. And if baby is born before validation, you are immediately obliged to notify DIAC (they can cancel your visa if baby has health problems).
Old May 16th 2007, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
You will need enough time to get to Australia after visa grant and have the baby born there. Otherwise you will need to sponsor baby for a separate visa. And if baby is born before validation, you are immediately obliged to notify DIAC (they can cancel your visa if baby has health problems).
Thanks for the advice JAJ !
My employment verification was done 3 weeks ago and I'm ready to fly out anytime.

sush

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.