Any way to get my mum over??

Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any way to get my mum over??

Hiya,

just before I contact an agent to be told no, just wondered if there was any hope!!

We'r still on a student visa so this is all ifs, buts n maybe's till we hopefully get residency in the next year or so.

Anyway, as it stands, my mum wouldn't pass the family balance test 4 children, only me over here. There's a small chance that one of my sisters may come over in the future, which would obviously mean she would then pass the test.

My mum is 53 and I have a younger sister of 14 who would come over with her. My mum has no skills so doesn't qualify. I was thinking of a retirement visa, but not sure if this would be affordable.

Any ideas or do we just have to wait n see if either of my sisters chose to come over first (obviously if my 14 year old sister still wants too when she's older and if she qualifies).

Thanx for reading
Mandy
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any way to get my mum over??

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hiya,

just before I contact an agent to be told no, just wondered if there was any hope!!

We'r still on a student visa so this is all ifs, buts n maybe's till we hopefully get residency in the next year or so.

Anyway, as it stands, my mum wouldn't pass the family balance test 4 children, only me over here. There's a small chance that one of my sisters may come over in the future, which would obviously mean she would then pass the test.

My mum is 53 and I have a younger sister of 14 who would come over with her. My mum has no skills so doesn't qualify. I was thinking of a retirement visa, but not sure if this would be affordable.

Any ideas or do we just have to wait n see if either of my sisters chose to come over first (obviously if my 14 year old sister still wants too when she's older and if she qualifies).

Thanx for reading
Mandy
Hi Mandy

It all comes down to money I suppose. Your mothe rcould noy get retirement visa as she is not 55 and also would be disqualified as she has a dependent.

If your mum is on her own with your younger sister, it may be an option for your younger sister to go out on a student visa to conmplete her schooling and your mother can go out on a guardian visa - it may take 7 or 8 years before your younger sister graduates and maybe qualifies for a skilled visa in her own right. Also the guardian visa can only be got while your sister is under 18 so your mother would need some other visa to be in Australia while your sister was in University. So this is only a solution to give your mother 4 years in Australia to see if any of the other two sisters migrates in that time.

Anyway, discuss your particular circumstances wit ha registered Agent and see what they come up with.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Mandy

It all comes down to money I suppose. Your mothe rcould noy get retirement visa as she is not 55 and also would be disqualified as she has a dependent.

If your mum is on her own with your younger sister, it may be an option for your younger sister to go out on a student visa to conmplete her schooling and your mother can go out on a guardian visa - it may take 7 or 8 years before your younger sister graduates and maybe qualifies for a skilled visa in her own right. Also the guardian visa can only be got while your sister is under 18 so your mother would need some other visa to be in Australia while your sister was in University. So this is only a solution to give your mother 4 years in Australia to see if any of the other two sisters migrates in that time.

Anyway, discuss your particular circumstances wit ha registered Agent and see what they come up with.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
I appreciate your response. Student visa for my sister was the only option I could see, but appreciated that it would not bring PR unless my sister gained the skills. . .too much to put on my sister at 14 I think!!

I didn't know the critera for the retirement visa, so thanks for that.

We'll just need to see how things pan out over the next couple of years.

Thanks again
Mandy
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a bit of pressure there - but it would get your mum and sister in Australia with you for 3 years or so while one of the other sisters got out there - obviously you know the full circumstances and whether this is practical or not.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896