advice

Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough
Default advice

failed the ielts test i am a nurse but 45 end of feb what are my options
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice

Originally Posted by danbradb1987
failed the ielts test i am a nurse but 45 end of feb what are my options

State sponsorship is probably best way for you - reduces pass mark to 90, in efefct, as pass-mark becomes 100 and you get 10 points for being State Sponsored.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough

i have got 115 points ,my agent only informed me in december that i will have to take the test due to points, and to pass befor i am 45 no pressure! they have adviced me to take test again, while they send my documents through the paper trail instead electronicly and they are sending me a form 1276 what is that? all my paperwork is in brisbaine i have been accepted my anmc (nursing authority) really havent a clue now,what to do now thought that was what i was paying them to do 1100quid to date.any further help would be great!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

i have got 115 points ,my agent only informed me in december that i will have to take the test due to points, and to pass befor i am 45 no pressure! they have adviced me to take test again, while they send my documents through the paper trail instead electronicly and they are sending me a form 1276 what is that? all my paperwork is in brisbane i have been accepted my anmc (nursing authority) really havent a clue now,what to do now thought that was what i was paying them to do 1100quid to date.any further help would be great!
I am not at liberty to comment about other registered agents - especially those that sound so bloody useless that they did not fully explain your eligibility at the start and later, did not fully expain all options on how to make up a 5 point shortfall.

Queensland have nurses on their State Sponsor list - go to:

http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3800

you can apply for the 175 visa in advance of getting the State Sposnorship if it is getting close to your 45th birthday.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony
I am not at liberty to comment about other registered agents - especially those that sound so bloody useless that they did not fully explain your eligibility at the start and later, did not fully expain all options on how to make up a 5 point shortfall.

Queensland have nurses on their State Sponsor list - go to:

http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3800

you can apply for the 175 visa in advance of getting the State Sposnorship if it is getting close to your 45th birthday.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks for the info Tony. Your the first person to start making some sence and its cost me nothing!
Just one more thing...I'm abit confused aboutthe last bit of info. What is the 175 Visa and what do you mean about I can apply in advance of getting the state sponcer. Shall I put this to my useless agents??

Thanks very very much!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 3:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Tony. Your the first person to start making some sence and its cost me nothing!
Just one more thing...I'm abit confused aboutthe last bit of info. What is the 175 Visa and what do you mean about I can apply in advance of getting the state sponcer. Shall I put this to my useless agents??

Thanks very very much!
What visa is your agent going to be applying for on your behalf? Take a good long read of www.immi.gov.au booklet 6. You first need to have a skills assessment done by ANMC, then you apply for state sponsorship to Queensland or whatever state it is you're looking to move to. You then apply for the visa, although as Tony says you can apply for the visa prior to getting your state sponsorship.

Whatever you do, do it quickly. Your birthday is coming up and after 45 it gets difficult to gain PR.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks very very much!
When you apply for the Skilled Independent visa you are actually applying for two visas - the 175 Independent which has a pass-mark of 120 and the 176 family or state sponsored which has a pass-mark of 100. As long as you can score 100 (without using the 10 points awarded for having the State Sponsorship) - 100 points being the pool mark for the 175 visa - your application can be "switched" to a 176 application any time while the application is being processed or during the 2 years it is in the pool.

See:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588071

for a bit of further info.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896