"time of decision" - When is this?

Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default "time of decision" - When is this?

The required score in the points test, is a requirement so somebody who holds an acceptable passport ..... can provide a subsequent English test score to prove Proficient English to score 25 points. Evidence of this English test would need to be received by DIAC prior to them assessing the application for it's points score.

Regards

Tony Coates
Exactly when is the time of decision/assessment of the application?

Is it after they have received all docs..ie health and police clearances?

So by delaying these you can buy a bit more time to get the required IELTS result if the applicaton is picked up before you've got the necessary result?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "time of decision" - When is this?

Originally Posted by Safin
Exactly when is the time of decision/assessment of the application?

Is it after they have received all docs..ie health and police clearances?

So by delaying these you can buy a bit more time to get the required IELTS result if the applicaton is picked up before you've got the necessary result?
Time of decision means just that, when a decision is taken to grant or refuse the visa. Points may be assessed at an earlier stage.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

The required score in the points test, is a time of decision requirement so somebody who holds an acceptable passport or sat an English test to meet the time of application English requirement, can provide a subsequent English test score to prove Proficient English to score 25 points. Evidence of this English test would need to be received by DIAC prior to them assessing the application for it's points score.

Regards

Tony Coates
oops the original quote had an important phrase missing...not sure why.

they must assess the points in order to decide whether to grant the visa I understand that, but is this prior to requesting any outstanding requirements like health and poice reports?

If they only assess points after receiving these additional documents then this could be a month or two later than if they assess first then request. Very important difference if you are waiting on IELTS tests/results for additional points.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

oops the original quote had an important phrase missing...not sure why.

they must assess the points in order to decide whether to grant the visa I understand that, but is this prior to requesting any outstanding requirements like health and poice reports?

If they only assess points after receiving these additional documents then this could be a month or two later than if they assess first then request. Very important difference if you are waiting on IELTS tests/results for additional points.
They won't make a decision to grant until they have seen the meds and the pcc - they could have issues preventing the grant.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They won't make a decision to grant until they have seen the meds and the pcc - they could have issues preventing the grant.
so even though you have a co if they were waiting on PCC and meds then you'd get a few more weeks to get IELTS in for extra 10 points we need
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

so even though you have a co if they were waiting on PCC and meds then you'd get a few more weeks to get IELTS in for extra 10 points we need
You may wish to look again at post #2 of this thread.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

and the reason I continued to post was because that didn't answer my question in a way I understood.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Hi Safin - I think I told you previously that this bloke I was speaking to at the IELTs test centre - had his case officer get in touch with him to tell him that he didnt have enough points and that he needed to do the IELTs test to have enough - so for him he thought he had enough points, the case officer told him he didnt and that he needed to do the test else his visa would fail - anyhow that was the story that I was told!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

and the reason I continued to post was because that didn't answer my question in a way I understood.
In that case, with respect, if this is so important then you should have already sought professional assistance.

You may get further responses that you may understand better but are not legally correct ...
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

With respect also, your answer didn't actually address my point ie before or after health and police checks. Perhaps I could be clearer in my posts. I understand that legally incorrect answers are of no value.

Thank you for your time.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

With respect also, your answer didn't actually address my point ie before or after health and police checks. Perhaps I could be clearer in my posts. I understand that legally incorrect answers are of no value.

Thank you for your time.
Let me explain:

You have time of application criteria and you have time of decision criteria.

you also have a separate decision on assessing your points score and this points score then gets locked in and can not be changed. This points score occurs after application and before the visa decision.

so to simplify:

get case officer - case officer assesses against Time of application criteria - if all OK then looks to see if all documents/information held to assess points score. If all is held except evidence of Proficient IELTS, case officer can either assess points or be generous and ask the applicant to provide IELTS. Case officers are more likely to give time to UK/Irish applicants as they may think that they have a better chance of passing proficient IELTS - but no guarantee they will give time. If the points are assessed without the Proficient IELTS, you will not be asked to go for health and character checks as your application will be pooled for 2 years. The score can not be re-visited unless you are sponsored by a family member and apply for review at the MRT- So coming up with a Proficient IELTS score after you have been pooled is useless for 175 applicants.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshtony
Let me explain:

You have time of application criteria and you have time of decision criteria.

you also have a separate decision on assessing your points score and this points score then gets locked in and can not be changed. This points score occurs after application and before the visa decision.

so to simplify:

get case officer - case officer assesses against Time of application criteria - if all OK then looks to see if all documents/information held to assess points score. If all is held except evidence of Proficient IELTS, case officer can either assess points or be generous and ask the applicant to provide IELTS. Case officers are more likely to give time to UK/Irish applicants as they may think that they have a better chance of passing proficient IELTS - but no guarantee they will give time. If the points are assessed without the Proficient IELTS, you will not be asked to go for health and character checks as your application will be pooled for 2 years. The score can not be re-visited unless you are sponsored by a family member and apply for review at the MRT- So coming up with a Proficient IELTS score after you have been pooled is useless for 175 applicants.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks again Tony. I am much clearer now.

As well as family sponsorship for 176, does 176 state sponsorship after the points are assessed lift you back out of the pool? Or must that reach them before they assess the points also?

Pretty sure I am on track with everything I need now.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Tony. I am much clearer now.

As well as family sponsorship for 176, does 176 state sponsorship after the points are assessed lift you back out of the pool? Or must that reach them before they assess the points also?

Pretty sure I am on track with everything I need now.
OK. I will try and keep this simple. When you apply for the Class of visa, it is as if you are making 2 applications - lets call them 2 sub-applications- one for the 175 and one for the 176. If they do a points assessment against the 175, and that sub-application gets pooled and never comes out of the pool unless the pass-mark for a 175 visa gets dropped, to at least your points score, within 2 years of being pooled. The 176 sub-application lies dormant until the end of the pool period when both subclasses are then formally refused. If a State or family sponsorship comes in, the 175 remains pooled and you are assessed against the points as a 176 application. When the 176 is approved, this finalises the pooled 175 sub-application automatically.

So the sposnorship, State or family, can come in at any time after visa application right up to two years after being pooled.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you - all explained very clearly and I am sure a help to others as well not just me.