British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any September 2006 applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-september-2006-applicants-395238/)

showdan Jul 27th 2007 6:36 pm

Re: Any September 2006 applicants

Thought I'd just do my last post from the UK.

Taxi picks us up in 3 hours, flying from manchester at 18:40 today. :eek:

Arrive in Brissy Monday morning and start work the following Monday.

It will be a while before I'm back on here so would like to wish everyone the best of luck.

All the best
Showdan

WS Jul 27th 2007 7:41 pm

Good luck Showdan!! :D

mum01753 Jul 28th 2007 6:29 am

Originally Posted by ws99 (Post 5115918)
Good luck Showdan!! :D

Gl showdan :)

ozzie maz Jul 31st 2007 7:35 am

Originally Posted by showdan (Post 5115829)

It will be a while before I'm back on here so would like to wish everyone the best of luck.

All the best
Showdan

Wow good luck Snowdan:thumbsup:

Urno Jul 31st 2007 9:37 am

All the best
Showdan

Best of err, Aussie, showdan!

We leave on the 21st! Getting very close now, and speaking to an Aussie voice on the phone (setting up bank acc) gave me a bit of a thrill (and it was nothing to do with her sexy voice :).

marvinc Aug 13th 2007 12:10 am

All the best
Showdan

How's it going you must have been at work a week now :)

Just wondered what everyone else is up to, we're still trying to sell the house :(

x

want2bthere Aug 14th 2007 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 5183205)

Just wondered what everyone else is up to, we're still trying to sell the house :(

x

yep still trying to sell house to!:(:(, got the feeling we'll be doing a reccie before dec. we're even considering taking house of market and steve doing an extension, then back on market again. ohhhhhhhh this is sooooo hard.

x

marvinc Aug 14th 2007 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 5191072)
yep still trying to sell house to!:(:(, got the feeling we'll be doing a reccie before dec. we're even considering taking house of market and steve doing an extension, then back on market again. ohhhhhhhh this is sooooo hard.

x

It's just limbo land isn't it, with everything on standby...........;)

showdan Aug 22nd 2007 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 5183205)

x

Hi all

Sorry for the long absence, but its been really hectic and whenever I've had the opportunity to get near the internet I've had a million things to sort out.

The first week was mental, especially with me starting work almost straight away, but pleased to say were all settling down, we have recently moved into our own rented house in forest lake (Brissy), kids have started school and are enjoying it.

Good luck to all those about to make the leap.

showdan

want2bthere Aug 23rd 2007 5:31 am

Originally Posted by showdan (Post 5225421)
Hi all

Sorry for the long absence, but its been really hectic and whenever I've had the opportunity to get near the internet I've had a million things to sort out.

The first week was mental, especially with me starting work almost straight away, but pleased to say were all settling down, we have recently moved into our own rented house in forest lake (Brissy), kids have started school and are enjoying it.

Good luck to all those about to make the leap.

showdan

:thumbsup: glad things are going ok :thumbsup: best of luck for everything
x

Nix and Mike Aug 23rd 2007 9:07 am

Hi guys - I am hijacking this thread as I was looking for your spreadsheet - I was interested to see how long it took for the visa's to come through (I know I can look at austimeline.com but this is a little more personal and relevant) and more than that, I was wondering if anyone's visa was refused ? I suppose for all of us who have just submitted and the year wait is only starting, it is interesting to see if it is only a matter of time....or maybe there is a chance that the visa is not accepted (other than the obvious - if you have submitted, you obviously qualify....)
Can you post the link to your spreadsheet....?

THANKS!
Nix

marvinc Aug 23rd 2007 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike (Post 5227691)
Hi guys - I am hijacking this thread as I was looking for your spreadsheet - I was interested to see how long it took for the visa's to come through (I know I can look at austimeline.com but this is a little more personal and relevant) and more than that, I was wondering if anyone's visa was refused ? I suppose for all of us who have just submitted and the year wait is only starting, it is interesting to see if it is only a matter of time....or maybe there is a chance that the visa is not accepted (other than the obvious - if you have submitted, you obviously qualify....)
Can you post the link to your spreadsheet....?

THANKS!
Nix

Hi Nix

Link is http://www.bejulyapps.bravehost.com/ Clippies did it for us, it's got July, Aug and Septembers on........seems a long time ago now, but it was lovely watching it go yellow then green!!!

want2bthere Aug 23rd 2007 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 5229117)
Hi Nix

Link is http://www.bejulyapps.bravehost.com/ Clippies did it for us, it's got July, Aug and Septembers on........seems a long time ago now, but it was lovely watching it go yellow then green!!!

bringing back lots of memories, and i agree, seems like ages since all that waiting was going on!!.

marvinc Aug 23rd 2007 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 5229242)
bringing back lots of memories, and i agree, seems like ages since all that waiting was going on!!.

Doesn't it seem incredible that next month it'll be a year since the thread started........................

want2bthere Aug 24th 2007 2:54 am

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 5229303)
Doesn't it seem incredible that next month it'll be a year since the thread started........................

havent got a clue where this year has gone, it just proves that i've spent it in a daze wishing for the future to happen! hows your house going? i've just had a viewing ( the first in 5 weeks) they havent even had theirs valued!:frown: just wanted to see what they could afford!!!!!!!!!!. and for a couple who arent in a good position, wasted even more of my time by asking me to show them how each of the kitchen cupboard doors opened and closed:huh:
somebody give me a break:(

x