British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any September 2006 applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-september-2006-applicants-395238/)

Marion_S Nov 14th 2006 7:58 pm

Re: Any September 2006 applicants

Originally Posted by Haktahsin
Can someone please remind me again, how much in $'s do DIMA charge.

As I thought it was $1900, which if you use EX.com to work out the conversion, it should work out to under £800 (today in fact is £766.89), whereby everyone seems to be paying over £800.

A little confused.

skilled migrants visa application charge (appl. lodged after 1st July 2006): $1,990

chris96 Nov 15th 2006 4:31 am

On the 7th they took £820.00.

jopaul Nov 15th 2006 4:49 am

Originally Posted by chris96

just reading what everyone was saying about DIMIA charges, we paid approx £813 in aug for a currency draft, that was for skilled visa.

on another note has anyone thought about booking a rate in advance and paying a deposit to book it. Rate looks ok at the mo.

JO

M_and_J Nov 15th 2006 8:49 am

Originally Posted by chris96

£805 on the 9th Sept. Did peeps pay on credit card? I hear you get a worse rate, so we transferred £850 to debit card just to be sure. Bit gutted to see the £766 post earlier!!

malene Nov 15th 2006 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies
Sheets updated again today :)

Hi Clippies,

I just received an e-mail on acknowledgement. my application is 496 pls. add me to the sheet...
ASPC received my application last sept 12 and received an e-mail from them today.
hope that u could add mine....i'm so glad that our application is now moving...september batch will soon be comming to Australia...yeheeeeeyyyyy

malene

marvinc Nov 15th 2006 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by malene
Hi Clippies,

I just received an e-mail on acknowledgement. my application is 496 pls. add me to the sheet...
ASPC received my application last sept 12 and received an e-mail from them today.
hope that u could add mine....i'm so glad that our application is now moving...september batch will soon be comming to Australia...yeheeeeeyyyyy

malene

Update this morning from my agent, my application was sent by them on 7th September and DIMIA are now ack applications that were rec on 11th September and are allocating Case Officers to applications rec on 4th May............ so we should be in line for a case officer in April

Thus said, still waiting for an acknowledgement at moment, I'll be ok when I know they have it............. :)

jopaul Nov 19th 2006 1:30 am

Originally Posted by malene
Hi Clippies,

malene

congrats!

we have just heard from our agent and they have acknowledged our visa application on the 12th September. it was sent on the 2nd September. she has told us that they are currently processing beginning of May applications so 5-6 months wait for 136 modl skilled i think, but of course back dated to sept so perhaps only 3 months until we hear something i hope??? will poss front load medicals and police checks for end of jan. OOOH once Xmas out of way wont be long I hope !!!!!

ozzie maz Nov 19th 2006 6:42 am

Congrats!!

We received our acknowledgement yesterday in the post, (weeks of checking e-mails and it comes by post!!!!) our application was dated arrival at adelaide on the 8th sept and the letter was dated 14/11/06 what a relief!!
Hope those waiting hear soon....

p.s the amount they took was $1990

Originally Posted by jopaul
congrats!

we have just heard from our agent and they have acknowledged our visa application on the 12th September. it was sent on the 2nd September. she has told us that they are currently processing beginning of May applications so 5-6 months wait for 136 modl skilled i think, but of course back dated to sept so perhaps only 3 months until we hear something i hope??? will poss front load medicals and police checks for end of jan. OOOH once Xmas out of way wont be long I hope !!!!!

marvinc Nov 19th 2006 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc
Update this morning from my agent, my application was sent by them on 7th September and DIMIA are now ack applications that were rec on 11th September and are allocating Case Officers to applications rec on 4th May............ so we should be in line for a case officer in April

Thus said, still waiting for an acknowledgement at moment, I'll be ok when I know they have it............. :)

We just got acknowledgement this morning............. yipeeeeee!!

Wendy

seaangel Nov 20th 2006 12:27 am

Wendy

Congratulations!! There seems to be quite a bit of movement on the acknowledgement front!

Well done!!

Clippy Nov 20th 2006 6:57 am

Sheet updated again today, if there's anything I've missed please PM me thanks :)

ozzie maz Nov 20th 2006 7:03 am

Congrats Wendy,

It's a good feeling knowing that someone has at least looked at the application, rather than being left in a pile somewhere!!!

Wendy

Haktahsin Nov 21st 2006 2:28 am

Starting to feel left out, my agent sent the forms on the 22nd of September, as of yet I have not received an acknowledgment :-(

Impatient I know..

M_and_J Nov 21st 2006 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Haktahsin
Starting to feel left out, my agent sent the forms on the 22nd of September, as of yet I have not received an acknowledgment :-(

Impatient I know..

Don't despair...most of us seem to be running at 2 months from arrival at ASPC to receiving an acknowledgement. You should hear something by the end of the month, maybe even end of this week.

Stay sane!

Marcus

Urno Nov 21st 2006 8:42 pm

WWWAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Got the "ack" email this morning!