Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice
Default Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Originally Posted by danbradb1987
hi ruth yes i ended up contacting international school for non english people they basicly have people from over seas who need to sit the test and have 2-4 week lessons specificly for ielts i did 5 lessons cost 40 pound for 1.5hrs their is no guarentee but it did give me good tips as i had up to then completed 4 books and still couldnt pass. i also contacted the test centres leed was very good they offer tuiotion so ask at the ielts i passed on my 5th and i also passed on the 6th as i block booked 5 on the go which really did help as it kept me upto speed with the test procedure. good luck its cost me a fortune but i am in oz now as we speak
Thanks so much for your advise! starting to take the whole thing to heart and been getting really upset about it all...Have a private tutor booked for saturday so hope to get some good tips from that. Its just the reading I struggle with, the time constraint is too tight and the texts are so varied!

You are lucky and I am sure I will be too... my future depends on it so can't give up... like you I have worked through lots of test books and sat the test a few times now so financially its crippling me!

It will be worth it though... I know it!

Ruth
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice
Default Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

I have passed the IELTS test 6th time lucky for me!!!

I received 9, 8, 8, 7

and have just paid out £600 to commence my application for PR in Australia... anyone know how long it will take??

YIIPPPPEEEE

Anyone out there struggling with the test, do NOT give up!!!

Ruth