Any Contributory Parent Visa Apps?

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:26 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Contributory Parent Visa Apps?

Hi,

Has anybody applied to the Perth Offshore Parents Centre for a Contributory Parent Visa in the last 3 months? My parents applied mid May, have had the 1st VAC charge taken but havent received anything communication wise since. Not even the "Official Receipt" that they mention in the July2004 Newsletter. I called today and they managed to give me a case officer and file number but basically said they had a backlog and couldnt tell me anymore....

A bit different to the conversation I had with them before we submitted the application where they were saying generally its only taking 3-4 months to process at the moment not the 6 we advertise (there now saying upto 9)

Supposedly the quota for last year was 5500 of these visa's, they only granted about 3000, so either they didnt get anymore (which I know isnt true as we sent one!) or they werent capable of processing them in time (which must be the case)
Although they were capable of processing the 1st VAC charge within 2 days of receiving the application....
Someone's sitting on a nice tidy bank balance at the moment!

Id be interested to hear from anyone who's recently had their case officer contact them, just to try and gauge what sort of dated applications they are starting work on at the moment.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Contributory Parent Visa Apps?

Originally Posted by steve99
Hi,

Has anybody applied to the Perth Offshore Parents Centre for a Contributory Parent Visa in the last 3 months?

Steve

Something not quite right here.
We applied for Cont. Parent Visa in June. The application was lodged on 21June. Medicals/X-rays and Police checks were requested by our case officer on 7 July, we've had x-ray and medical, just waiting for Police check to come back.

Hope this helps. You may need to chase your parents application with a e-mail although you should be aware that POPC state they do not have the resources to give applicants progress reports (standard statement from DIMIA)

Best of luck.

Last edited by Stewie; Aug 16th 2004 at 8:40 am.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:51 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Contributory Parent Visa Apps?

Hi Stewie,

Very interesting, thanks for the info it definitely helps, I think i'll make another call to POPC tomorrow and see what theyve got to say for themselves. I wont risk telling my Parents your news yet, Mums already in major panic mode that nothings happened!

Cheers
Steve