Again another TRA !

Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Again another TRA !

Hi Hopefuls,

I am putting together my TRA application for skilled migration, though I have a querry that I hope somebody might be able to clear up with me? The company that I served my apprenticship with does not give personal references, they have give me a reference stating the dates of employment that I worked there as a fulltime apprentice and further employment as a tradesperson (fitter) but they have not mentioned my tasks and duties. I have all my apprenticeship certificates, and log books, that I am going to send as cert copies with a letter from myself detailing what I work on as an apprentice and when I became a tradesman and stating the companies policy(strange as it is) of not supplying a detailed work reference. Should this be OK ???? what other way could I get around this problem????

My presant company will give me a reference so I am hoping my statement together with my certificates will be sufficent???

Cheers Gary.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Again another TRA !

Originally Posted by kathmand194
Hi Hopefuls,

I am putting together my TRA application for skilled migration, though I have a querry that I hope somebody might be able to clear up with me? The company that I served my apprenticship with does not give personal references, they have give me a reference stating the dates of employment that I worked there as a fulltime apprentice and further employment as a tradesperson (fitter) but they have not mentioned my tasks and duties. I have all my apprenticeship certificates, and log books, that I am going to send as cert copies with a letter from myself detailing what I work on as an apprentice and when I became a tradesman and stating the companies policy(strange as it is) of not supplying a detailed work reference. Should this be OK ???? what other way could I get around this problem????

My presant company will give me a reference so I am hoping my statement together with my certificates will be sufficent???

Cheers Gary.

Hi Gary

Are you using an agent? If so they should be able to advise on what you should do.
If not then my advice would be to get the reference from your old employer on headed paper. This will at least prove that you worked there. Supply this with a detailed stat dec stating the type of work, tools used etc.
I'm sure this would be OK, if not I'm sure someone will correct me.

Good luck.

Graham
Old Aug 15th 2004, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Gary

Are you using an agent? If so they should be able to advise on what you should do.
If not then my advice would be to get the reference from your old employer on headed paper. This will at least prove that you worked there. Supply this with a detailed stat dec stating the type of work, tools used etc.
I'm sure this would be OK, if not I'm sure someone will correct me.

Good luck.

Graham
Cheers Graham,

At the minute I have no agent though the more I get into this the more I think I should, have you any agents in mind??? prices?? is it ok to use only for the TRA application? The reference they give me was on company headed paper with contact details, I was hoping this and a statment from myself detailing my main tasks and duties would be ok???

Also what kinda statement should my presant employer give me it says that a General statement will not be sufficent? what should this statement include? any ideas?? dates of employment,tasks and duties, hours worked, machines and tools used, anything else??

Gary.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary
Just sent you a Private Message.

Graham
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Gary
Just sent you a Private Message.

Graham
Hi Graham, thanks for the PM I returned with one for you!!!

Gary.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:19 am
joveazey

Unhappy Re: Again another TRA !

I've really messed it up now. Phoned TRA at 5am to ask about application. The girl wouldn't tell me anything because she said she could only talk to Mark (fast asleep) or the agent. I told her that the agent was away for 3 weeks and we thought the app may be processed before she was back and we wouldn't know what was going on. She said that the app. has been looked at and it should be done in the next couple of weeks (standard response I suppose). Anyway, I woke up at 7.30 and did a very silly thing, I decided to phone and pretend to be the agent to find out more information, after all it is OUR application. What were the chances of getting the same girl ??? You guessed it, she said "did you phone earlier". Blagged my way out of it, pretended I was a colleague of the agent who is on hols. She still wouldn't tell me anything except that it should be finalised in the next couple of weeks.

Do you think she will note this call on our file and will it go against us ???

JO