Another week down and no change with ACS

Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Another week down and no change with ACS

Yep round the bend and back again!!! It really does depend on what assessor you get. I now know people who applied the week before xmas who have gotten their results back. Mind you I also came across someone who finally got their results on Jan 23rd having lodge their app Oct 16th!!!!

Last edited by Mairead; Jan 26th 2008 at 6:00 am.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:23 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead
Yep round the bend and back again!!! It really does depend on what assessor you get. I now know people who applied the week before xmas who have gotten their results back. Mind you I also came across someone who finally got their results on Jan 23rd having lodge their app Oct 16th!!!!
Hang on in there mairead - we are all rooting for you
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
We had to wait 16 and a half weeks.....but that was category B. Not sure if that makes a difference? I will PM you the name of our assessor in case it is the same person?

Fingers crossed you hear bang on 12 weeks. Is that Monday??
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

I sure you will be fine, I know the waiting is terrible, my application started in April and I had to appeal so I didn't get my result untill December.

But I'm sure everthing will work out fine
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edie209
I sure you will be fine, I know the waiting is terrible, my application started in April and I had to appeal so I didn't get my result untill December.

But I'm sure everthing will work out fine
Hey Edie, you got your ielts results back?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Hi there!

My ACS timeline: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493055

on result paper its written: ACS rcvd ur app on 24 july 2007. And on top result issue date is: 13 sept 2007.

Just hold down and it will endup very fast!

All the best!

Bye,
Peace!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall it took 2 months for the ACS to approve my skills assessment (applied 06/03/2006 - approved 02/05/2006).

It's frustrating but hang on in there.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Just spotted a change in status of our ACS (RPL) application. It's changed from 'In process' to 'Awaiting Documents' so I'm guessing they are wanting further info on something? Anybody else had this?

Still, at least they are doing something with it!!

Last edited by Sandy.l; Jan 26th 2008 at 10:13 pm. Reason: sp.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
Just spotted a change in status of our ACS (RPL) application. It's changed from 'In process' to 'Awaiting Documents' so I'm guessing they are wanting further info on something? Anybody else had this?

You should get a standard email asking for more documents. It is a list of what is required in total - so go through it carefully, to work out what they are after - you have probably already provided most of what is on the list.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You should get a standard email asking for more documents. It is a list of what is required in total - so go through it carefully, to work out what they are after - you have probably already provided most of what is on the list.

Hi thanks for your reply! I guess we'll just have to wait and see! No point worrying until then is there?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi thanks for your reply! I guess we'll just have to wait and see! No point worrying until then is there?
Good luck!

We were asked to prove that my OH had been in continuous IT employment since he graduated, (18 years - eek!). We had to provide 3 proofs of employment for each job. Luckily we had provided 10 years worth and he only had 2 jobs before that. So not too bad. (PLus the fact that I am a horder and have kept every important piece of paper we've had in indexed files.) We were category B - so they may be after something else for your application. Someone else on here had to prove a couple more months IT employment because they discounted some of the emlployment he had given. Again, he provided proof of his previous job. Hopefully yours will be as easy to sort out.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

My OH is similar with nearly 20 years in the business. He's been a contractor and also permanent and has a full career history but with loads of clients while contracting and quite a number of permie employers, so gathering together all the paperwork has been a nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised if something has been overlooked, even though it has been assessed by our agent as well.

Congratulations on your SA sponsorship We visited Adelaide last year for a long weekend (from Melbourne!). It blew me away. What a beautiful place. However, we are hoping for Victoria to migrate to as we also have family there and we are confident of our ability to settle in easily with work and lifestyle. We spent a few weeks there last year also and saw quite a lot of the place, particularly around the Williamstown, Geelong and Torquay areas. We are going to apply for state sponsorship when (and not if!) the ACS have come back positive.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi,

My OH is similar with nearly 20 years in the business. He's been a contractor and also permanent and has a full career history but with loads of clients while contracting and quite a number of permie employers, so gathering together all the paperwork has been a nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised if something has been overlooked, even though it has been assessed by our agent as well.

Congratulations on your SA sponsorship We visited Adelaide last year for a long weekend (from Melbourne!). It blew me away. What a beautiful place. However, we are hoping for Victoria to migrate to as we also have family there and we are confident of our ability to settle in easily with work and lifestyle. We spent a few weeks there last year also and saw quite a lot of the place, particularly around the Williamstown, Geelong and Torquay areas. We are going to apply for state sponsorship when (and not if!) the ACS have come back positive.

Fingers crossed it's something simple. The person who had to prove a few more months IT experience phoned the ACS because he couldn't work out what he was missing and they talked him through it. Your agent will obviously be able to advise you in the first place.

Good luck with your sponsorship too - that was the easy bit for us. We drove from Adelaide to Melbourne along the Ocean road - through Torquay and it's gorgeous too - I expect most of Oz is really.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:23 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I've never known OH have so many business lunches as he has this last month or so, tracking down ex-clients & asking for references for the work he did....

If ever we finally get the last one or two bits of paper together, he's going to go on one serious diet

Best of luck to those in the same position - you'll get there.....eventually.... I'm going just a teeny weeny bit grey now.....

Heading for somewhere between Melbourne & Geelong - can't wait
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

DivingMissDaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked mine this morning, was trying really hard only to check once a week and it's changed!!!! Now with Assessor!!!! Have you heard what they're looking for yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.