Wikiposts

ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice
Default Re: ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

What course in Adelaide are you going to do? Is it the Clip Joint Hair Academy? It is the only one I can find in Adelaide,

Sharon
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

I have to put my house up for sale too but dont want to till I know we have the visa or we sont have anywhere to live! What would you have done if it hadnt gone through? Are you still living in your house just now or have you already moved out?

thanks for the advice

Sharon
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi Debbie,

I just wanted to say when I posted for the first time I didn't congratulate you soooooooooooooo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean, nah your not a mature student, compared to us your just a baby

Caroline.
Hi Caroline,
Baby, i dont know about that. I think i will feel very old when i arrive at college the first day.
Oh well, heres to the sunshine......
Sean.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

tichg1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Debbie,

I just wanted to say when I posted for the first time I didn't congratulate you soooooooooooooo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean, nah your not a mature student, compared to us your just a baby

Caroline.

Hi Caroline,

thanks for the congrats, i have just booked my flights today we fly 29th august with emirates, i'm getting abit nervous now.

Debbie
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sean
Hi Caroline&Terry,
I am will be going to the sunshine coast tafe in Nambour to do bricklaying, when i paid i just used my credit card and faxed the details followed it with an email.
Got a rely to say they received ok within hours and the ECOE came about 5 days later.
It does seem to me as if i am the only one going out there to do bricklaying which is a bit scary.
Just not sure i like the term "mature student" oh well better than going through life wondering what if.
ps is 36 mature, just hope i don't have to retake the bloody driving test.
best of luck.
Sean.
Hi Sean,

you won't have to retake your driving test - it's just a straight swop in Queensland.

By the way, I beat you - I will be 40 when i start my degree course at James Cook University in Townsville in January!

- Have a search as I am sure there have been others posting who are doing bricklaying

Olias
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point

been here nearly a year on OH student visa.. he is at Moreton Tafe studying patisserie chef/hospitality management.. all you need to do with UK driving licence is just a straight swap.. there and then.. think it costs about $50 or so dollars.. and you keep your UK one as well..

Spouses can only work 20 hours a week.. while OH is at college.. but the student is able to work unlimited hours when on college holiday.

Enjoy

Rach xx
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

fancypants is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tichg1
Hi clare

did you manage to do the online applicaton or did you end up having to send it in the post?
just sending my passports today to have the labels put it.
what are you doing about childcare for your children? i have managed to get my 5 yr old little boy into school but havent arranged anything for my 2yr little girl yet but the hubby will be looking after her until he can get a part time job.
anyway good luck with your visa application i bet you will get it back at the end of this week!

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Do you have to enrol your children in school before entering Oz or can you do it after you arrive. I read that you need the ECOE when applying for your student visa.

Cheers,

Neil
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi Caroline&Terry,
I am will be going to the sunshine coast tafe in Nambour to do bricklaying, when i paid i just used my credit card and faxed the details followed it with an email.
Got a rely to say they received ok within hours and the ECOE came about 5 days later.
It does seem to me as if i am the only one going out there to do bricklaying which is a bit scary.
Just not sure i like the term "mature student" oh well better than going through life wondering what if.
ps is 36 mature, just hope i don't have to retake the bloody driving test.
best of luck.
Sean.
Hi Sean,

There is someone on the pomsin.. forum just started the bricklaying course in Nambour, look under Brownfamily they should be able to give you more info. I was thinking of doing this course but opted for boatbuilding instead, start Feb 2008.

Neil
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=fancypants;4984393]Hi Debbie,

Hi neil, all you have to do is Enrol in your course to get the confirmation letter then you need this to enrol the child/children is email the person below Lesley Young (she is based in Adelaide) but I am sure she will give you the email address of the person in your area you are going to. They will email a form to fill out, you then need your letter from the college you are going to to send with it. This is all you have to do till you get there, then once you find out where you are staying pay the fees and pick the school.

Sharon

Lesley Young
Enrolment Services Support Officer
Enrolment Services
International Education Services
Ground Floor West, 31 Flinders Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Tel +618 8226 1630
Fax +618 8227 2391
[email protected]
www.internationalstudents.sa.edu.au
Old Jun 29th 2007, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fancypants
Hi Debbie,

Hi neil, all you have to do is Enrol in your course to get the confirmation letter then you need this to enrol the child/children is email the person below Lesley Young (she is based in Adelaide) but I am sure she will give you the email address of the person in your area you are going to. They will email a form to fill out, you then need your letter from the college you are going to to send with it. This is all you have to do till you get there, then once you find out where you are staying pay the fees and pick the school.

Sharon

Lesley Young
Enrolment Services Support Officer
Enrolment Services
International Education Services
Ground Floor West, 31 Flinders Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Tel +618 8226 1630
Fax +618 8227 2391
[email protected]
www.internationalstudents.sa.edu.au
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the info, every little bit helps.

Cheers,

Neil
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fancypants
Hi Sean,

There is someone on the pomsin.. forum just started the bricklaying course in Nambour, look under Brownfamily they should be able to give you more info. I was thinking of doing this course but opted for boatbuilding instead, start Feb 2008.

Neil
Hi Sean,
Just wanted to say I can vouch for what neil says, The Brownfamily starts his bricklaying July 9th at Nambour his wife Heather posts on pio and I'm sure she'll answer any Q's if she can there's also Yvonne&Paul he starts July too I'm sure they would be more than happy to help like tell you what it's like.

Caroline
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Hi Caroline,

thanks for the congrats, i have just booked my flights today we fly 29th august with emirates, i'm getting abit nervous now.

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Only 8wks you'll be ok.

Caroline.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sean,
Just wanted to say I can vouch for what neil says, The Brownfamily starts his bricklaying July 9th at Nambour his wife Heather posts on pio and I'm sure she'll answer any Q's if she can there's also Yvonne&Paul he starts July too I'm sure they would be more than happy to help like tell you what it's like.

Caroline
Hi Caroline,
Thanks for the info about the Brown family i have allready contacted them.
Thankyou eveyone for all the very helpfull information but i have one more question.
We read on the oz goverment site that we can apply for the visa 124 days or 4 months before course commencemant date and we can actually enter the country 90 days before, but someone has told me we can only enter oz 6 weeks before i start college.
Any one got any ideas on that one.
Ok make that 2 questions, what do you think of using a agent for the student visa. Its seems straight forward enough.
Sean
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

tichg1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Caroline,
Thanks for the info about the Brown family i have allready contacted them.
Thankyou eveyone for all the very helpfull information but i have one more question.
We read on the oz goverment site that we can apply for the visa 124 days or 4 months before course commencemant date and we can actually enter the country 90 days before, but someone has told me we can only enter oz 6 weeks before i start college.
Any one got any ideas on that one.
Ok make that 2 questions, what do you think of using a agent for the student visa. Its seems straight forward enough.
Sean
Hi Sean,
i have just got my visa back and i can enter the country 90 days before the course starts.
I didnt use an agent although there is a company called studyoptions.com and they dont charge you anything they get the fee from the college you endup going to.
there is another agent that also does this but i cant remember there name!
I found it to be very straight forward it's when you get to the PR stage you will need one.

Debbie
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sean,
i have just got my visa back and i can enter the country 90 days before the course starts.
I didnt use an agent although there is a company called studyoptions.com and they dont charge you anything they get the fee from the college you endup going to.
there is another agent that also does this but i cant remember there name!
I found it to be very straight forward it's when you get to the PR stage you will need one.

Debbie
Hi Debbie,
Thanks for the reply. 90 days is right then thats good.
sean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.