Wikiposts

ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:17 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice
Default Re: ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Originally Posted by sambo76
nope no experience, but after 4 days they have you cutting n stuff, its very daunting but learning quicker than I thought. Everyone is the same on my course and the teachers are great, you'll be fine, it's very scary tho!! Apparently I will be ready to be on th floor and cutting hair in 5 weeks?!?!!?!?
Ha ha that is great - I keep asking my hubby if I can practice on him - he keeps telling me a BIG FAT NO!! What is the age group on the course like, I am 32 and worried I am going to be surrounded by 18 year olds!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Ha ha that is great - I keep asking my hubby if I can practice on him - he keeps telling me a BIG FAT NO!! What is the age group on the course like, I am 32 and worried I am going to be surrounded by 18 year olds!
Hey!! Don't worry, there is a great age range, I am 33 there is a 34, 37 and a 20 year old, I am at Brishair in Gold Coast but there are loads of English and different ages. But as long as you are willing to learn everyone is treated well - sooooooooooo scary tho, but other half not let me near his hair yet haha!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:29 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sambo76
Hey!! Don't worry, there is a great age range, I am 33 there is a 34, 37 and a 20 year old, I am at Brishair in Gold Coast but there are loads of English and different ages. But as long as you are willing to learn everyone is treated well - sooooooooooo scary tho, but other half not let me near his hair yet haha!!
Excellent, I can't wait to try something new so defo willing to learn, I have been in office work all my life soooo Boring! Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent, I can't wait to try something new so defo willing to learn, I have been in office work all my life soooo Boring! Thanks for the info.
No probs, anything you need to know, just ask, good luck!! xx
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

hi sarah,

i'm starting at wynne-hoelscher academy in the same area as brishair and the others. i start 24 october, as long as we get the visa - waiting to hear!!!! very scary stuff, i'm comng over with my husband and 2 children who are 2 and 4 years old. do you already have your visa, are you there already??? i'm so scared

clare
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:37 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Originally Posted by Clarie
hi sarah,

i'm starting at wynne-hoelscher academy in the same area as brishair and the others. i start 24 october, as long as we get the visa - waiting to hear!!!! very scary stuff, i'm comng over with my husband and 2 children who are 2 and 4 years old. do you already have your visa, are you there already??? i'm so scared

clare
Hiya,

We haven't got our visa through yet just waiting for the COE to come through from the college then we can apply. We are hoping to fly August time so we have time to settle in before I start the course on 5 October. Where are you planning on living in Brisbane? We are looking at the northside. I am scared as well but mostly very excited I can't wait for the adventure to start! when are you flying over? have you done hairdressing before? I am a bit nervous about the course as I have no experience whatsoever! Should be fun though - keep in touch and let us know when you are flying and perhaps we could meet up. My daughter is 4 years old and she would love to meet some kiddies her age.

Sarah x
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Hi of course you get an invite, I want to make as many friends as possible! We are from Bexleyheath - where are you ? When are you going and to where???
We are in Hayes, other side of Bromley at the moment, and are flying out on 25th July, staying with friends on south side of Brisbane in Cleveland, until we find rental.
I am starting at Brishair on Sept 24th, and am really looking forward to learning something new.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:22 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
We are in Hayes, other side of Bromley at the moment, and are flying out on 25th July, staying with friends on south side of Brisbane in Cleveland, until we find rental.
I am starting at Brishair on Sept 24th, and am really looking forward to learning something new.
Everyone seems to be going to Brishair perhaps I should have gone there as well! Never mind I am sure Meee will be good.

Let us know how you get one, Sarah
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Hi Sarah

I am now a hairdresser but was a legal secretary for donkeys years!!! You will enjoy it - I have only been doing it for 3 years but I love it!!! I went into hairdressing so we could emigrate, only to find out that you need 6 years from starting your course when you are in England!!! Therefore, we are now going on OH's student visa for bakery/hospitality management.

Good luck.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:09 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Originally Posted by jdraper
Hi Sarah

I am now a hairdresser but was a legal secretary for donkeys years!!! You will enjoy it - I have only been doing it for 3 years but I love it!!! I went into hairdressing so we could emigrate, only to find out that you need 6 years from starting your course when you are in England!!! Therefore, we are now going on OH's student visa for bakery/hospitality management.

Good luck.
Hiya, did you pick it up easily? I am really excited about it, can't wait! When are you heading over to Australia? Where are you going?

Sarah
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, did you pick it up easily? I am really excited about it, can't wait! When are you heading over to Australia? Where are you going?

Sarah
Hi all, i am also going out on a student visa to do bricklaying at the sunshine coast tafe. the course starts in feburary but we are hopefully going out in november this year to give us time to find a rental and check out areas. We are looking at the Caloundra area. It is all very exciting and scarry at the same time but we hope it will all be worth it in the end. We live in wilmington at the moment, just myself and wife going no kids though.
Do any of you know what you have to do about driving in oz when on the student visa, do you have to get a different licence or can you just drive using the british one.
Best of luck to eveyone, nice to know we are not the only mad ones in the world!
sean..

Last edited by sean; Jun 24th 2007 at 12:20 am.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:33 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Originally Posted by sean
Hi all, i am also going out on a student visa to do bricklaying at the sunshine coast tafe. the course starts in feburary but we are hopefully going out in november this year to give us time to find a rental and check out areas. We are looking at the Caloundra area. It is all very exciting and scarry at the same time but we hope it will all be worth it in the end. We live in wilmington at the moment, just myself and wife going no kids though.
Do any of you know what you have to do about driving in oz when on the student visa, do you have to get a different licence or can you just drive using the british one.
Best of luck to eveyone, nice to know we are not the only mad ones in the world!
sean..
Hi Sean,

what a small world we are in Bexleyheath! Not sure about driving licence when in Oz we haven't go that far yet! I would be interested to know as well if anyone replies.

Good luck, Sarah
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sean,

what a small world we are in Bexleyheath! Not sure about driving licence when in Oz we haven't go that far yet! I would be interested to know as well if anyone replies.

Good luck, Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Wow definatly is a small world. I have been tryingto find out about the driving licence but nobody seems to know, they only seem to know about it if you are a resident.
It seems to be a bit of a mystery. Hopefully some one will read this and respond with a answer.
Sean...
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Sarah
I did pick it up quite easily and really enjoy it - apart from standing up all day!! It has taken me a while to pick up speeds though - can just about do a cut and blow dry in under an hour - depending on the cut. Glad I did it though and wish I had done it earlier in life.

We are going to Gold Coast (Paul is going to Gold Coast TAFE Ashmore Campus) and Andrew will hopefully be going to Benowa State High School. Paul's course starts July 2008 and so hopefully going mid June (after Andrew has done his GCSEs). When and where are you going?

Jo
x
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sean
sean..
Hi Sean

I asked about this and it appears that you can drive for 3 months on your British DL and then have to apply for a Queensland (or other state) driving licence. You have to take a test, paper and driving, too. (I can't parallel park or reverse into a space - so driving lessons for me too!!!)

Hope this helps.

Jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.