Wikiposts

ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Hi everyone,
Never posted on here before, first time so be gentle please.

I'm Caroline and oh Terry, we have 2 boys 5yrs and 20mths we're hoping to go on student visa at xmas, course starts Feb 2008 and yes I'm going to be doing Hairdressing!

I do post on another site but there seems to be alot more on here taking the student route and I couldn't resist joining when I read this thread.
Just a quick Q once you send the first instalment of the course fee, how long do they take withdraw the monies from your account?

Caroline.

PS.Driving license straight swap in QLD.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi everyone,

I'm Caroline and oh Terry, we have 2 boys 5yrs and 20mths we're hoping to go on student visa at xmas, course starts Feb 2008 and yes I'm going to be doing Hairdressing!

I do post on another site but there seems to be alot more on here taking the student route and I couldn't resist joining when I read this thread.
Just a quick Q once you send the first instalment of the course fee, how long do they take withdraw the monies from your account?

Caroline.

Hi Caroline

Welcome to BE. We were on another forum but this one seems loads better - people actually reply to your threads!!!

We faxed our paperwork over and the credit card was debited within a few days.

Thanks for info about driving licence

Jo, Paul & Andrew
x
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:43 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Caroline.

Hi caroline,

Welcome to BE. Where are you studying??? Where in Oz are you going? Not sure about the course fee - I am paying mine in full which is due 2 weeks before I start my course.

Sarah x
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

tichg1 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Caroline.

Hi Caroline,

welcome to the site

When you pay your instalment fee it is by bank transfer and it is taken out of your account straight away and the college will send you your Ecoe once they have recieved it. Although it comes out of your account straight away it takes about 5 days for them to recieve it!

I think you have to sit a new driving test in Oz within the first 3 mths of arriving.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any queries, always happy to help
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Excellent, so why don't we all keep in touch and organise when we have all arrived. I am also heading out august time, my course starts October 5th. We have 1 daughter age 4 would be nice for her to meet some children her age.

Sarah x
Hi Sarah,
sounds good will have to keep in touch, think there are a few of us about the same time.
Will have to start a thread in meet-up section and arrange something when we all get out there.

Debbie
Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Wow,
You do reply quick on here.

Hi Sarah I'll be doing my course at the TAFE on the sunshine coast Moolabah have a brother in Geebung which is going to our base to start with scares the hell out of me when I add up the cost but I don't want to sit here 10yrs from now thinking what if lifes to short.

With regards the payment of the course I faxed my application and visa details to the Tafe more than a week ago and nothing yet or am I just being impatient.

Caroline.
PS I'm pretty sure you don't sit a test for the Driving license the rules changed about 3 or 4 months ago.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Wow,

Hi Sarah I'll be doing my course at the TAFE on the sunshine coast Moolabah have a brother in Geebung which is going to our base to start with scares the hell out of me when I add up the cost but I don't want to sit here 10yrs from now thinking what if lifes to short.

With regards the payment of the course I faxed my application and visa details to the Tafe more than a week ago and nothing yet or am I just being impatient.

Caroline.
PS I'm pretty sure you don't sit a test for the Driving license the rules changed about 3 or 4 months ago.

whoops! didnt realise you had already paid by card

I hope your right about the driving licence i can do without sitting another driving test!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:29 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tichg1
Hi Sarah,
sounds good will have to keep in touch, think there are a few of us about the same time.
Will have to start a thread in meet-up section and arrange something when we all get out there.

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Yes lets definitely do that it will be good to meet some new people and put faces to these threads!!!

Anyways I am off on hols for a week now, going to Bulgaria of all places, never been before but it looks quite nice.

Be back online in a week!

Cheers, Sarah
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:32 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Wow,

Caroline.

Hi Caroline,

Thats exactly what we thought, life is too short so we thought sod the cost and just go for it!

I have had my letter of offer, I need to pay my deposit for the course then I get the COE so I will sort that when I get back from holiday. The college I am going to have been quite quick with replies and stuff so hopefully it will all go through smoothly enough!

Cheers, Sarah
Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Hi Debbie,

Yes lets definitely do that it will be good to meet some new people and put faces to these threads!!!

Anyways I am off on hols for a week now, going to Bulgaria of all places, never been before but it looks quite nice.

Be back online in a week!

Cheers, Sarah
hi sarah and everyone else on here,

we (me, my husband, 2year old girl, 4 year old boy) are planning on arriving in oz around the 5th oct - course starts on 24th oct in the CBD of brisbane (hairdressing). we are planning on renting a house in ashgrove. visa aplication went in on friday so just waiting to hear!!!!

with all these little children of a similar age heading for oz it would definately be a good idea for a meet - count me in, please.

speak soon
clare
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clarie
hi sarah and everyone else on here,

we (me, my husband, 2year old girl, 4 year old boy) are planning on arriving in oz around the 5th oct - course starts on 24th oct in the CBD of brisbane (hairdressing). we are planning on renting a house in ashgrove. visa aplication went in on friday so just waiting to hear!!!!

with all these little children of a similar age heading for oz it would definately be a good idea for a meet - count me in, please.

speak soon
clare
Hi clare

did you manage to do the online applicaton or did you end up having to send it in the post?
just sending my passports today to have the labels put it.
what are you doing about childcare for your children? i have managed to get my 5 yr old little boy into school but havent arranged anything for my 2yr little girl yet but the hubby will be looking after her until he can get a part time job.
anyway good luck with your visa application i bet you will get it back at the end of this week!

Debbie
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Hi clare

did you manage to do the online applicaton or did you end up having to send it in the post?
just sending my passports today to have the labels put it.
what are you doing about childcare for your children? i have managed to get my 5 yr old little boy into school but havent arranged anything for my 2yr little girl yet but the hubby will be looking after her until he can get a part time job.
anyway good luck with your visa application i bet you will get it back at the end of this week!

Debbie
hi debbie,
i properly had my arsy pants on last week trying to do the visa online :curse: - i had built up to the 124th day and was ready at the computer!!!! i posted it on saturday, missed the last special delivery pick up, visa will arrive at oz house on tuesday along with the medicals, which are being posted today (handsworth medical centre are great). i would love to hear by the end of this week, probably next week now. my husband gave his notice at work on friday - 3 month notice period. god i hope we get the visa. my daughter had heart surgery in january, she is perfectly healthy now, no need for further operations only an annual check up - hope her heart isn't an issue!!!

i haven't thought about childcare for my daughter, like you, my husband will take care of her (role reversal, how weird!! - for them and me!!!) my little boy starts school here in september and because he will have already started school here oz schools are obliged to take him. will deal with that one when we have the visa.

it's nice to hear from people who are in the same situation. i don't feel like such a mentalist now - hairdressing, hope i can do it!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Hi everyone,

Caroline.

Hi Caroline&Terry,
I am will be going to the sunshine coast tafe in Nambour to do bricklaying, when i paid i just used my credit card and faxed the details followed it with an email.
Got a rely to say they received ok within hours and the ECOE came about 5 days later.
It does seem to me as if i am the only one going out there to do bricklaying which is a bit scary.
Just not sure i like the term "mature student" oh well better than going through life wondering what if.
ps is 36 mature, just hope i don't have to retake the bloody driving test.
best of luck.
Sean.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We were thinking about the bricklaying course for my husband, but we wanted to study in South Australia, and they don't do it there.
So I am now booking my place on a horticulture course in SA. I also feel a bit left out as everyone else seems to be doing hairdressing. I am just not a hairdresser. I did try to convince my husband he would make a good barber, but he wouldn't.
At least the horticulture course is one I will enjoy, and hopefully go into after the course (if I don't get killed by spiders and snakes).

One way to get out of having to take your driving test so early, according to one of these 'move to Oz' programmes, is to get an international driving licence which apparently lasts for a year before you need the full licence.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Just wanted to tell the world that we have got our student visa accepted!
At the moment i cant get hold of anybody to tell them so i just had to post this to get it out of my system!
I know student visas are quite easy to get but there is still that doubt whether you will be accepted or not. Especially as it was our only way to go to Australia!
Need to book flights and arrange tea chests wooooooo i cant wait

Hi Debbie,

I just wanted to say when I posted for the first time I didn't congratulate you soooooooooooooo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean, nah your not a mature student, compared to us your just a baby

Caroline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.