Another hurdle cleared!!! It was good too!

Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:04 pm
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about
Talking Another hurdle cleared!!! It was good too!

Hi,

We had our BIG leaving party on Saturday night.
After getting worried about nobody turning up, as you do, heaps of friends, work mates, neighbours and family appeared.

Even my big sister, who gave me grief about going, but that's another thread, was there in good spirits.

DJ was super! Alan's Disco from Hamilton, can recommend him!
Everyone made it a really happy night, very ,very few tears!
The children had a ball! I'd made a big picnic for them and they went out into the park beside the club house and just ran wild having fun.

We were very touched by the thoughtful and personal nature of the gifts we were given. A big thanks to all for your kindness.

84 year old mum was there and she was super and very brave! Proud of her!! She told loads of people she supported us and was 100% behind us.
I am more relaxed now and raring to go!!

If your leaving do is a worry, just relax and go with the flow!

Nor did I get too tipsy, was doing so much dancing!

Just wanted to tell a happy tale for once!

Margie
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:23 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another hurdle cleared!!! It was good too!

Originally Posted by Margie
Hi,

We had our BIG leaving party on Saturday night.
After getting worried about nobody turning up, as you do, heaps of friends, work mates, neighbours and family appeared.

Even my big sister, who gave me grief about going, but that's another thread, was there in good spirits.

DJ was super! Alan's Disco from Hamilton, can recommend him!
Everyone made it a really happy night, very ,very few tears!
The children had a ball! I'd made a big picnic for them and they went out into the park beside the club house and just ran wild having fun.

We were very touched by the thoughtful and personal nature of the gifts we were given. A big thanks to all for your kindness.

84 year old mum was there and she was super and very brave! Proud of her!! She told loads of people she supported us and was 100% behind us.
I am more relaxed now and raring to go!!

If your leaving do is a worry, just relax and go with the flow!

Nor did I get too tipsy, was doing so much dancing!

Just wanted to tell a happy tale for once!

Margie
Brilliant news Margie so pleased it all went well for you.

I will take a leaf out of your book 'just relax and go with the flow'.

I havent even thought of a leaving do yet dreading it so much.

When do you actually leave? sorry if you've already told me my memory is shocking
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:33 pm
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by possoms
Brilliant news Margie so pleased it all went well for you.

I will take a leaf out of your book 'just relax and go with the flow'.

I havent even thought of a leaving do yet dreading it so much.

When do you actually leave? sorry if you've already told me my memory is shocking
Hi,
we leave the UK on 12.8.05, but we're stopping in Dubai on the way.
Arrive Perth on 17.8.05.

The party was much easier than I thought. I was expecting to cry as people left,but no it was happy and calm.

We'll still see some again anyway before the 12th.

Take care

Margie
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:38 pm

Hi,
we leave the UK on 12.8.05, but we're stopping in Dubai on the way.
Arrive Perth on 17.8.05.

The party was much easier than I thought. I was expecting to cry as people left,but no it was happy and calm.

We'll still see some again anyway before the 12th.

Take care

Margie
Glad it went ok

Wow 12 Aug only 2 1/2 weeks away are you excited

are you flying with emirates to Dubai? I've never been there, we are going via Singapore my family lived there and its a place I've always wanted to visit.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:49 pm
Margie

Glad it went ok

Wow 12 Aug only 2 1/2 weeks away are you excited

are you flying with emirates to Dubai? I've never been there, we are going via Singapore my family lived there and its a place I've always wanted to visit.
Yes, flying with Emirates.
Used Quantas last time from Heathrow via Singapore.
Now Emirates go from Glasgow so it cuts the trip to London off and shortens the time for us.

Jeff has his Birthday, whilst in Dubai. I phoned the Burj Al Arab today and booked light afternoon tea for us on his Birthday. Cost an arm and a leg, but hey, how often will we be in Dubai? Can say we dined there!

Jeff has a pal from Uni there too, so he may be able to take us out and about. Promised the girls we'd go to the "Wild Wadi" water park.

Worst time of year to go though it is very,very hot.

How long are you in Singapore?
Are you going for a "sling" at Raffles?

Margie
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:01 pm

Yes, flying with Emirates.
Used Quantas last time from Heathrow via Singapore.
Now Emirates go from Glasgow so it cuts the trip to London off and shortens the time for us.

Jeff has his Birthday, whilst in Dubai. I phoned the Burj Al Arab today and booked light afternoon tea for us on his Birthday. Cost an arm and a leg, but hey, how often will we be in Dubai? Can say we dined there!

Jeff has a pal from Uni there too, so he may be able to take us out and about. Promised the girls we'd go to the "Wild Wadi" water park.

Worst time of year to go though it is very,very hot.

How long are you in Singapore?
Are you going for a "sling" at Raffles?

Margie
Wow thats a birthday treat to remember!!

Dont know how long we havent booked any flights because we still trying to sell the house but hopefully be there for 4/5 days and yes will definatley be having a sling or two in Raffles

erm are you allowed to drink in Dubai??

Kay
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:13 pm
Margie

Wow thats a birthday treat to remember!!

Dont know how long we havent booked any flights because we still trying to sell the house but hopefully be there for 4/5 days and yes will definatley be having a sling or two in Raffles

erm are you allowed to drink in Dubai??

Kay
Yes you can drink, but only in bars and restaraunts.
The Burj Al Arab offered us tea in the Sky Bar, but as it is a bar the children cannot go, so we are in the 2nd floor lobby. Sure it will be out of this world though!

How long has the house been on the market?

I'm sure it will go soon! Said this to someone last week and next day got a pm to say they'd sold, hope you'll tell me same soon too!

Well hubby phoned there, on his way home. Need to go and do boring old dinner!

Speak soon, best wishes
Margie
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:44 am

Yes you can drink, but only in bars and restaraunts.
The Burj Al Arab offered us tea in the Sky Bar, but as it is a bar the children cannot go, so we are in the 2nd floor lobby. Sure it will be out of this world though!

How long has the house been on the market?

I'm sure it will go soon! Said this to someone last week and next day got a pm to say they'd sold, hope you'll tell me same soon too!

Well hubby phoned there, on his way home. Need to go and do boring old dinner!

Speak soon, best wishes
Margie
Morning

Maybe you will still be able to nip up to the Sky Bar for a photo if kids are ok for a few mins either way it sounds great, you will have to post some photos.

House only been on market since 13th May, but the viewers have died off, had 8 in the first week!! We have had a riddiculusly low offer which we are very loathed to accept.

Col believes the house is looking after us and that we will get an offer when the visa arrives so everything goes to plan

Kay
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:59 am
Margie

Morning

Maybe you will still be able to nip up to the Sky Bar for a photo if kids are ok for a few mins either way it sounds great, you will have to post some photos.

House only been on market since 13th May, but the viewers have died off, had 8 in the first week!! We have had a riddiculusly low offer which we are very loathed to accept.

Col believes the house is looking after us and that we will get an offer when the visa arrives so everything goes to plan

Kay
Morning!

Yes we'll have to get some photo's!

Your hubby is right, things all just fall into place. We settled for a mid-way offer between our lowest acceptable offer and what we hoped it may go to.
The purchaser had sold already, so it seemed wise to go with them, knowing they were not in a a chain.
They move in the day before we fly out, so we've only a couple of nights in a hotel whilst packers are in and then off to the airport we go.

Down side is we will have to wait for our things a good while in Oz. Plan to rent unfurnished if poss and we were going to buy new beds anyway. The rest we'll rent or borrow from family.

have a good day!

Margie
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:35 am

Morning!

Yes we'll have to get some photo's!

Your hubby is right, things all just fall into place. We settled for a mid-way offer between our lowest acceptable offer and what we hoped it may go to.
The purchaser had sold already, so it seemed wise to go with them, knowing they were not in a a chain.
They move in the day before we fly out, so we've only a couple of nights in a hotel whilst packers are in and then off to the airport we go.

Down side is we will have to wait for our things a good while in Oz. Plan to rent unfurnished if poss and we were going to buy new beds anyway. The rest we'll rent or borrow from family.

have a good day!

Margie
Wow you are right that is the way to do it and it'll be fun waiting for your stuff, a tablecloth thrown over a packing box for a table etc, like camping indoors LOL

We are taking the bed but not the suite shipper quoted an extra £700 to take it!! only cost us £80

You have a good day too. Sun trying to get out here maybe summer has returned??

Kay