Agent costs

Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Agent costs

I am aware that if I apply for the 175 visa on my own, it will be approx £1000, how much more would it cost to take on an agent to help me through the process, and is it actually worth my while doing so? Hmmmm....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:57 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agent costs

OH is in bed and she's dealing with that side (I cannot bear to look) but I think we are paying approx 3 x £700. We have used one because we had a couple of issues, one being a very poorly baby which made it very difficult to get continuity so we needed someone driving it for us. My OH is more than capable as probably most are but I reckon if you research on here and take care, you'd be fine without one.

Where in NI are you from? Never been myself but we'll all go at Easter as OH has lot of family there. NI, sunny eh

Cooler
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:59 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

I was quoted around £2000 give or take a little for me Louise and the two boys !
Hence why i am going it alone now as all the info you need is right here iin frontof you with tonnes of actual eexperiencefrom the members here and loads of other info that you may not pick up from an agent

Plus there is always someone on here that lives or has been to the places you may have your eye on upon arrival again first hand experience is priceless in my opinion

Good Luck

Dougie
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
OH is in bed and she's dealing with that side (I cannot bear to look) but I think we are paying approx 3 x £700. We have used one because we had a couple of issues, one being a very poorly baby which made it very difficult to get continuity so we needed someone driving it for us. My OH is more than capable as probably most are but I reckon if you research on here and take care, you'd be fine without one.

Where in NI are you from? Never been myself but we'll all go at Easter as OH has lot of family there. NI, sunny eh

Cooler
Near Banbridge, 3 x£700? Is that before you even pay for the visa?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:45 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
I was quoted around £2000 give or take a little for me Louise and the two boys !
Hence why i am going it alone now as all the info you need is right here iin frontof you with tonnes of actual eexperiencefrom the members here and loads of other info that you may not pick up from an agent

Plus there is always someone on here that lives or has been to the places you may have your eye on upon arrival again first hand experience is priceless in my opinion

Good Luck

Dougie
Great, ta
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:46 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Near Banbridge, 3 x£700? Is that before you even pay for the visa?
Pay in stages so that eases it little.

Cooler
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Pay in stages so that eases it little.

Cooler
Is that including the price of the visa's or as well as?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough

That is what you pay the agents for their work.

You will also have to pay for the visa costs too.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:51 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by paddyb157
That is what you pay the agents for their work.

You will also have to pay for the visa costs too.
Looks like I'm on my own then, recession n all that tee hee
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:52 pm
Capt Hilts

Looks like I'm on my own then, recession n all that tee hee
You'll be fine, as I said we had/have circumstances they gave us little spare time. Think the process is part of the journey so enjoy it Keep us posted Jen

Cooler.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

I am aware that if I apply for the 175 visa on my own, it will be approx £1000, how much more would it cost to take on an agent to help me through the process, and is it actually worth my while doing so? Hmmmm....
I haven't used an agent, so can't comment on their costs.

However, remember that the visa application fee is not the only cost. There are other expenses such as police checks and medicals which also need to be covered.

My total expenditure for a 176 visa (including costs for skills assessment, police checks and medicals for two people, visa application fee and a number of miscellaneous extras such as postage, certified copies, etc.) came to a grand total of £1,779.

Your costs could vary substantially depending on personal circumstances, but be prepared to wear out that cheque book!

It seems like a lot of money, but it's worth it if you really want to do it!!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:53 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by rushmere
I haven't used an agent, so can't comment on their costs.

However, remember that the visa application fee is not the only cost. There are other expenses such as police checks and medicals which also need to be covered.

My total expenditure for a 176 visa (including costs for skills assessment, police checks and medicals for two people, visa application fee and a number of miscellaneous extras such as postage, certified copies, etc.) came to a grand total of £1,779.

Your costs could vary substantially depending on personal circumstances, but be prepared to wear out that cheque book!

It seems like a lot of money, but it's worth it if you really want to do it!!
Thanks Rushmere
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Used an agent cost was £1762 money well spent

Nev
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:15 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by nevsy
Used an agent cost was £1762 money well spent

Nev
Then pretty much the same again for your visa/meds/police checks? Are you out in Oz now?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Then pretty much the same again for your visa/meds/police checks? Are you out in Oz now?
Visa couple of hundred dollars,meds,police checks etc.guts of a grand.
No not out yet go 24/02 still stuck in sunny Craigavon freezing my nuts off

Nev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.