British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Agent costs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/agent-costs-587951/)

Jen1977ni Jan 29th 2009 7:29 pm

Agent costs

I am aware that if I apply for the 175 visa on my own, it will be approx £1000, how much more would it cost to take on an agent to help me through the process, and is it actually worth my while doing so? Hmmmm....:confused:

coolerkingcooler Jan 29th 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Agent costs

OH is in bed and she's dealing with that side (I cannot bear to look:huh:) but I think we are paying approx 3 x £700. We have used one because we had a couple of issues, one being a very poorly baby which made it very difficult to get continuity so we needed someone driving it for us. My OH is more than capable as probably most are but I reckon if you research on here and take care, you'd be fine without one.

Where in NI are you from? Never been myself but we'll all go at Easter as OH has lot of family there. NI, sunny eh

Cooler:rofl::rofl:

Dougie Jan 30th 2009 1:59 am

I was quoted around £2000 give or take a little for me Louise and the two boys !
Hence why i am going it alone now as all the info you need is right here iin frontof you with tonnes of actual eexperiencefrom the members here and loads of other info that you may not pick up from an agent :thumbsup:

Plus there is always someone on here that lives or has been to the places you may have your eye on upon arrival again first hand experience is priceless in my opinion

Good Luck

Dougie :D

Jen1977ni Jan 30th 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler (Post 7227438)
OH is in bed and she's dealing with that side (I cannot bear to look:huh:) but I think we are paying approx 3 x £700. We have used one because we had a couple of issues, one being a very poorly baby which made it very difficult to get continuity so we needed someone driving it for us. My OH is more than capable as probably most are but I reckon if you research on here and take care, you'd be fine without one.

Where in NI are you from? Never been myself but we'll all go at Easter as OH has lot of family there. NI, sunny eh

Cooler:rofl::rofl:

Near Banbridge, 3 x£700? Is that before you even pay for the visa?

Jen1977ni Jan 30th 2009 6:45 am

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE (Post 7227999)
I was quoted around £2000 give or take a little for me Louise and the two boys !
Hence why i am going it alone now as all the info you need is right here iin frontof you with tonnes of actual eexperiencefrom the members here and loads of other info that you may not pick up from an agent :thumbsup:

Plus there is always someone on here that lives or has been to the places you may have your eye on upon arrival again first hand experience is priceless in my opinion

Good Luck

Dougie :D

Great, ta

coolerkingcooler Jan 30th 2009 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7228506)
Near Banbridge, 3 x£700? Is that before you even pay for the visa?

Pay in stages so that eases it little.

Cooler

Jen1977ni Jan 30th 2009 9:50 am

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler (Post 7228761)
Pay in stages so that eases it little.

Cooler

Is that including the price of the visa's or as well as?

paddyb157 Jan 30th 2009 11:22 am

That is what you pay the agents for their work.

You will also have to pay for the visa costs too.

Jen1977ni Jan 30th 2009 11:51 am

Originally Posted by paddyb157 (Post 7229183)
That is what you pay the agents for their work.

You will also have to pay for the visa costs too.

Looks like I'm on my own then, recession n all that tee hee

coolerkingcooler Jan 31st 2009 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7229295)
Looks like I'm on my own then, recession n all that tee hee

You'll be fine, as I said we had/have circumstances they gave us little spare time. Think the process is part of the journey so enjoy it:thumbup: Keep us posted Jen

Cooler.

rushmere Jan 31st 2009 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7226993)
I am aware that if I apply for the 175 visa on my own, it will be approx £1000, how much more would it cost to take on an agent to help me through the process, and is it actually worth my while doing so? Hmmmm....:confused:

I haven't used an agent, so can't comment on their costs.

However, remember that the visa application fee is not the only cost. There are other expenses such as police checks and medicals which also need to be covered.

My total expenditure for a 176 visa (including costs for skills assessment, police checks and medicals for two people, visa application fee and a number of miscellaneous extras such as postage, certified copies, etc.) came to a grand total of £1,779.

Your costs could vary substantially depending on personal circumstances, but be prepared to wear out that cheque book!

It seems like a lot of money, but it's worth it if you really want to do it!!

Jen1977ni Feb 1st 2009 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by rushmere (Post 7233225)
I haven't used an agent, so can't comment on their costs.

However, remember that the visa application fee is not the only cost. There are other expenses such as police checks and medicals which also need to be covered.

My total expenditure for a 176 visa (including costs for skills assessment, police checks and medicals for two people, visa application fee and a number of miscellaneous extras such as postage, certified copies, etc.) came to a grand total of £1,779.

Your costs could vary substantially depending on personal circumstances, but be prepared to wear out that cheque book!

It seems like a lot of money, but it's worth it if you really want to do it!!

Thanks Rushmere

nevsy Feb 1st 2009 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7226993)

Used an agent cost was £1762 money well spent

Nev

Jen1977ni Feb 1st 2009 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by nevsy (Post 7236597)
Used an agent cost was £1762 money well spent

Nev

Then pretty much the same again for your visa/meds/police checks? Are you out in Oz now?

nevsy Feb 1st 2009 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7236601)
Then pretty much the same again for your visa/meds/police checks? Are you out in Oz now?

Visa couple of hundred dollars,meds,police checks etc.guts of a grand.
No not out yet go 24/02 still stuck in sunny Craigavon freezing my nuts off

Nev