Aged Parent Visa 804

Old Jan 8th 2016, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aged Parent Visa 804

Freely admit I don't have much knowledge of Parent visas, but a friend from the UK, now in Qld, has asked me about this one.

Balance of family is fine -2 children, both in Aus as PR/citizens and settled with families here. Parents now want to join them. Not got sufficient funds for anything other than an 804.

They are aware it may take 30 years upwards for a grant. but they want to be with with the kids and grandkids, thats their aim. They've gone through all the usual caveats we come up with on here -do they really want to move at that age etc, and they are dead set on the idea.

So...... can/do they enter Aus on evisitors as tourists, and apply onshore for 804s?
I guess they then get Bridging Visa A?

Guessing a bit now, but presumably tying up their lives, selling a house etc when coming out initially on the evisitor is not a good idea and they should apply for a Bridging Visa B then go home to sell up?

My friend asked if DIBP are likely to query them arriving as tourists after selling up, but I guess the way round that is that they go home and sell up once the application is lodged?

Is anyone aware of common hitches with this visa -she's mostly worried about the applying onshore after arriving as a tourist, but I said as long as they arrive as tourist without intending to stay then they are well within the letter of the law.

I'm going to encourage her to run it all past an agent, but if anyone has experience or hints on the 804 it would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aged Parent Visa 804

But they will be arriving, saying they are tourists but intending to stay! I guess people do that but how they live with that moral decision is beyond me (I cannot lie!). I think there may be medical implications too that they need to clarify - the reciprocal agreement doesn't cover everything for example so could there be things they may be expected to return for or potentially fail a medical if it ever comes around. Maybe their kids could club together to fund the CPV? Or maybe they would be better off doing the 6/6 thing? It's tough when your grandkids are on the other side of the world!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that there is a preliminary medical to pass for this visa, likely within the first year or so and needed in order to get a queue date. There would be a final medical later, shortly before visa grant. I would be loathe to do anything like selling up and packing up before at least that is out of the way.

Of course I am sure you have already advised them that this is a backdoor route and not something immigration would agree to if their intentions were known. One way tickets definitely not a good idea.

Yes they would get BVA and could apply for a BVB later and use it to go back and sell up. I think selling up before even the initial arrival would be incredibly foolish - they could be turned away and then have no home to go to.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jan 8th 2016 at 5:01 am.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

There are a number of issues and I would strongly suggest proffessional advice.

For example, they will only be entitled to reciprocal healthcare. Usually not an issue if you are 21. But elderly often need a lot more.

Residential care, should it ever be required would not be available.

UK pensions would be frozen at their current level and they would not be entitled to any Centrelink.

There is a risk the government will try again to get rid of this visa. Those who were cat 5 when that was just closed have found themselves in a nightmare of potentially having to return to their home countries. If that occurred with this visa, how would they cope - they would not be entitled to any UK help if they found themselves at Heathrow as they wouldn't be ordinarily resident.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:21 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys
Definitely no way of raising the momey needed for the contributory visas.

one thing thats getting me puzzled is - have to apply onshore while holding another valid visa. So without lying on entry about being a tourist, or student or whatever, how on earth do they expect people to get here and apply? Or is a desperate lack of sleep making me miss something?!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:53 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Matilda did a very helpful advice sheet on the issues involved in going down this road. I am struggling to find it now - it was a year or so ago I read it, but might be sensible to get your friend to have a chat.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Go Matilda did a very helpful advice sheet on the issues involved in going down this road. I am struggling to find it now - it was a year or so ago I read it, but might be sensible to get your friend to have a chat.
They're one of two agents I have in mind, thanks Scotty, I'll have a look at their site
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks guys
Definitely no way of raising the momey needed for the contributory visas.

one thing thats getting me puzzled is - have to apply onshore while holding another valid visa. So without lying on entry about being a tourist, or student or whatever, how on earth do they expect people to get here and apply? Or is a desperate lack of sleep making me miss something?!
No I don't think you are missing anything. Although I don't think they really do want anyone to apply for it. But I suppose they could have been here already on an investor visa or even a 457 visa and just retired.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 12:02 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty1

Aged Parent Visa Application - Leaving Australia and Returning | GM Parent Visas

Maybe this one?

Best regards.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 1:36 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Looks perfect Alan, thanks!