Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804)

Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804)

Old Oct 22nd 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

paulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant future
Default Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804)

Wondering if anyone can help me with a coupe of things. My parents are coming over from South Africa on holiday Nov-Jan and they were wanting to apply for a Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804) whilst they are here. Does anyone know what visa they will go back to South Africa on in Feb when their 3 months is up and how long they can stay in South Africa packing up etc before they have to reenter Australia. Thanks in advance...
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 6:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804)

Originally Posted by paulimouse
Wondering if anyone can help me with a coupe of things. My parents are coming over from South Africa on holiday Nov-Jan and they were wanting to apply for a Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804) whilst they are here. Does anyone know what visa they will go back to South Africa on in Feb when their 3 months is up and how long they can stay in South Africa packing up etc before they have to reenter Australia. Thanks in advance...
Are they South African? If not, what visa are they on in SA now?
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

paulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant futurepaulimouse has a brilliant future

My mom holds a South African passport and my dad has Irish passport but is South Africa citizen.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am struggling to understand your post I must admit and perhaps others are too. If they are SA citizens what do you mean "what visa will they go back on". Surely citizens of South Africa don't need visas to go back to their own country and I also don't see what visa they go back to South Africa on has to do with Australian immigration.

Not really sure I understand the second bit of your question either about coming back to Australia. You are not expecting this visa to be granted during their holiday are you? It will take years.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi sorry will try and make it more clear. They are coming on holiday here on a holiday visa mid November and due to fly back to South Africa on 3/2/12. If we apply for the aged parent visa whilst they are here do apparently they then get a bridging visa. Do they go back to South Africa on that bridging visa and how long have they got in South Africa before they have to come back to Australia. Hope this is clearer? I know the aged visa takes 15 or so years.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sorry will try and make it more clear. They are coming on holiday here on a holiday visa mid November and due to fly back to South Africa on 3/2/12. If we apply for the aged parent visa whilst they are here do apparently they then get a bridging visa. Do they go back to South Africa on that bridging visa and how long have they got in South Africa before they have to come back to Australia. Hope this is clearer? I know the aged visa takes 15 or so years.
OK, I see what you mean but of course they not going back to SA on any visa. They don't need an Australian visa to go back to SA. So the question is on what visa would they get back to Australia on. The bridging visa that they will be granted is bridging visa A, which won't permit travel outside Australia. They would need to apply for permission to leave the country i.e. bridging visa B and I believe that in the application they would be asked to suggest dates of their overseas stay, I don't believe there is a standard time frame.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Great thanks for that information.