Advice needed sponsorship

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Pixie77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice needed sponsorship

Hi I'm really hoping someone can help.

My partner and I are looking to move to Sydney.

We are hoping my OH can get sponsorship in the IT industry. He is an MCP working towards MCSE, Avaya, VoIP, completed CCNA course and due to take exam. He has worked in IT industry for 16 years as engineer,1st,2nd and 3rd line and project manager.

Does anyone know where we would start? Anyone got any IT contacts we could give CV to?
Do we need to come out to Sydney and give out CV's and meet people??

Any advice or people who have been there and done this would be appreciated!!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Alienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice needed sponsorship

Your OH will have to get his skills assesed by the ACS first.

Don't quote me on this but as he dosen't have a ICT related degree he may have to do the 'Required Prior Learning' assessment also.

I speak from experience as I had to do this. Lots, and lots of work!! But if your OH knows his onions and can prove it, it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pixie77
Hi I'm really hoping someone can help.

My partner and I are looking to move to Sydney.

We are hoping my OH can get sponsorship in the IT industry. He is an MCP working towards MCSE, Avaya, VoIP, completed CCNA course and due to take exam. He has worked in IT industry for 16 years as engineer,1st,2nd and 3rd line and project manager.

Does anyone know where we would start? Anyone got any IT contacts we could give CV to?
Do we need to come out to Sydney and give out CV's and meet people??

Any advice or people who have been there and done this would be appreciated!!
Some people manage to secure sponsorship from overseas but it is not common. Most employers would want to exhaust all the local channels before considering sponsorship.

Have you looked into whether you would be eligible to get an independent visa?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Pixie77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies- we will look into getting skills assessed etc

We do qualify for a 175 visa- i'm a primary teacher so either of us could qualify for this- its just such a long road ahead- neither of us on the SOL- we thought maybe 457 would be a quicker option, seems like not much hope with the sponsorship though- will probably have to join the queue and maybe get to Oz in a few years !!!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pixie77
Thanks for the replies- we will look into getting skills assessed etc

We do qualify for a 175 visa- i'm a primary teacher so either of us could qualify for this- its just such a long road ahead- neither of us on the SOL- we thought maybe 457 would be a quicker option, seems like not much hope with the sponsorship though- will probably have to join the queue and maybe get to Oz in a few years !!!
Primary teacher would need state sponsorship.