Advice Needed -

Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:04 am
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice Needed -

Hi,
My wife & I are looking at the options for migrating to Oz. From what we have read she would bethe main applicant as her occupation, Cook, is on the SOL. The advise I need is as follows :
She needs to get the TRA to assess her but cannot ask her current employer to confirm this. How much detail is needed to be completed in the Statutory Declaration to satisfy the TRA.
An independent person also needs to verify that she works in the trade and as this is a school could the Head Teacher do this?
Thanks
Ian
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed -

Originally Posted by irishmalt
Hi,
My wife & I are looking at the options for migrating to Oz. From what we have read she would bethe main applicant as her occupation, Cook, is on the SOL. The advise I need is as follows :
She needs to get the TRA to assess her but cannot ask her current employer to confirm this. How much detail is needed to be completed in the Statutory Declaration to satisfy the TRA.
An independent person also needs to verify that she works in the trade and as this is a school could the Head Teacher do this?
Thanks
Ian
Hi Ian

Usually, for cooks in Ireland, Pathway C with TRA applies. This means proving the two or three years in College and the balance of 5 years in experience after college. So it may be that you can get through TRA just on paper evidence from previous training and employers. When it comes to the visa application, DIAC will eventually want evidence of 12 months experience in the previous 2 years prior to the visa application and, possibly 3 years in the previous 4 if you need 10 points there.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Ian

Usually, for cooks in Ireland, Pathway C with TRA applies. This means proving the two or three years in College and the balance of 5 years in experience after college. So it may be that you can get through TRA just on paper evidence from previous training and employers. When it comes to the visa application, DIAC will eventually want evidence of 12 months experience in the previous 2 years prior to the visa application and, possibly 3 years in the previous 4 if you need 10 points there.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks Tony,
My wife has been in the trade for 6 years and received on the on the job training with the local council and reading the ASCO criteria this will apply. What I am ideally looking for is what to expect from the TRA then DIAC ?
Regards
Ian
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishmalt
Thanks Tony,
My wife has been in the trade for 6 years and received on the on the job training with the local council and reading the ASCO criteria this will apply. What I am ideally looking for is what to expect from the TRA then DIAC ?
Regards
Ian

Without recognised qualifications and either a minimum of 900 or 1800 hours in the classroom gaining the recognised qual(s), she will not get through TRA. So needs to look at a workplace assessment for an AQF Cert III. Also requires 5 years experience as well as the AQF Cert III to get through TRA. Any skilled experience claimed has to be after this 5 years so she would only have potential to meet the 12/24 experience requirements and not the 3/4 for an extra 10 points.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896