Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Adding dependents to 189 after CO assigned/Visa approved

Adding dependents to 189 after CO assigned/Visa approved

Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

mkhalid is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Adding dependents to 189 after CO assigned/Visa approved

Dear All,

Is it possible to add dependent spouse and child in 189 application after CO is assigned or at the end of application once visa is approved.

Reason of doing this is becasue of new ACS rule due to which application may be turn down if CO deduct 2 years from experience resulting in 55 points and I will not be in position to qualify since my ACS was done before this rule. If every thing goes well and my case is finalized can I request CO to add my dependents to same application.

Also if CO deduct my 2 years experience and my points will be 55 after that will DIAC refund the visa fees or not.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 1:52 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding dependents to 189 after CO assigned/Visa approved

Originally Posted by mkhalid
Dear All,

Is it possible to add dependent spouse and child in 189 application after CO is assigned or at the end of application once visa is approved.

Reason of doing this is becasue of new ACS rule due to which application may be turn down if CO deduct 2 years from experience resulting in 55 points and I will not be in position to qualify since my ACS was done before this rule. If every thing goes well and my case is finalized can I request CO to add my dependents to same application.

Also if CO deduct my 2 years experience and my points will be 55 after that will DIAC refund the visa fees or not.
I don't see what losing experience points would have to do with adding dependents. Anyway, until the case is decided, you would be able to add dependents as long as you pay the additional fees. Although, it will look rather suspicious that you didn't include your spouse and child in your application to begin with. I'd certainly be asking questions if I were your CO.

Once the visa application has been decided, then you won't be able to add any dependents.

No, DIBP will not refund your fees if the visa is rejected. The fee is for processing, not for the visa. You're not buying a visa - you're paying them to process your application.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Dear All,

You can add all your dependents to your VISA application, however you need to do this before a decision is made on your application by the DIBP.

Once a decision is made you can not add anyone to the same application.

I assume that you did not add your dependents because of the additional fee that you need to make, and if your application gets rejected for being 55 points then you wouldn't loose the visa fee of your dependents.

If this is your approach then it has pros and cons. if your application rejected you wont loose extra money, however if your application is successful you wont be able to add your dependents to the same application.

Think hard and made up your mind, whether to have all of them in the same application or not.

Cheers,
PB
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

I think this is not a great idea. For one thing you won't get notice of the via being approved, you won't get an email saying "we are going to approve this visa tomorrow", it will just be approved when the time comes.

So if your dependents are not on it, then there is no opportunity to add them. Furthermore, you are required to declare your dependents anyway, although you won't have a fee if you put them as non migrating dependents (but I don't advocate that). But make sure you do not simply not mention them, this would put your visa at risk as well for fraud.