ACS migration - Academic Results

Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:09 am
Just Joined

bigbadk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS migration - Academic Results

I am in the process of preparing for the ACS migration assessment and have a query, there is a section in the guidelines that states

"Statement of academic record (transcript) showing the names of all the subjects studied and grades received. Result slips or web results are not acceptable in lieu of the official academic record.
A legend explaining the grading system must be included."

Does anybody know if this is absolutely necessary? It's 14 years since I completed my degree and don't have this detail about the individual results and grading system, all I have is the final degree I was awarded. If they do require actual subject results is it the results for every year or just the final year?

The college I studied at isn't sure if they have records of that detail either.

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:14 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ACS migration - Academic Results

I'd raise it direct with the ACS so you have the response direct from the horses mouth.

I submitted the transcript, but with a relatively fresh degree at the time of my application it was a non issue.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:18 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to get mine and was able to order it online direct from the uni.

Originally Posted by bigbadk
I am in the process of preparing for the ACS migration assessment and have a query, there is a section in the guidelines that states

"Statement of academic record (transcript) showing the names of all the subjects studied and grades received. Result slips or web results are not acceptable in lieu of the official academic record.

Does anybody know if this is absolutely necessary? It's 14 years since I completed my degree and don't have this detail about the individual results and grading system, all I have is the final degree I was awarded. If they do require actual subject results is it the results for every year or just the final year?

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a letter from the registrar saying they don't have the transcripts but confirm you were awarded the class of degree...
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

It was 12 years since I finished my Degree, but phoned the University and explained that I needed evidence and grades for each of the modules I studied. They sent them the next day for all 3 years.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:03 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Thanks for any help.
The best thing is of course to approach the uni itself. Rest assured, look at OTHER options if you don't in any way get a response from the uni.

Is it absolutely necessary? No one can answer that but ACS. A lot depends on the case officer too, but taking chances isn't the best bet anyone would recommend.

You need subject results for every year, not just final year.

Cheers,
armandra!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:10 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Thanks for any help.
The last option, if unfortunately nothing works out, is get a notarised declaration signed and hope the CO would be kind enough to look at your case favourably.

All the best for your ACS assessment
armandra!