ACS assessment

Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:28 am
Just Joined

traju is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment

I am an Electrical and Electronics Engg from India, But I have been working in the Software Industry for 6-7 Years. I am really confused which one i should use for assessment. If i want to go for ACS can i apply ACS standard ie Group B. I already looked at some of the old threads still i am not able to come to one conclusion. somebody said Electrical and Electronics Engg with Software Engg experience can apply for ACS Group B . somebody says i can only apply for ACS RPL. Some people say i can go through IEAust for assessment. Can anyone help me?

I have got only MCP Certification

Thanks,
raj
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:16 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ACS assessment

Originally Posted by traju
I am an Electrical and Electronics Engg from India, But I have been working in the Software Industry for 6-7 Years. I am really confused which one i should use for assessment. If i want to go for ACS can i apply ACS standard ie Group B. I already looked at some of the old threads still i am not able to come to one conclusion. somebody said Electrical and Electronics Engg with Software Engg experience can apply for ACS Group B . somebody says i can only apply for ACS RPL. Some people say i can go through IEAust for assessment. Can anyone help me?

I have got only MCP Certification

Thanks,
raj
You may have to apply under RPL. Because in group B you need to study few Computer subjects. MCSE, CCNA, CCNP like certifications are also OK. Not sure about MCP, but heard that microsoft certs are considered more over the cisco one.

You can go for IEAust also, but you may not score 120 points in this route
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:26 am
Just Joined

traju is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Prince1975
You may have to apply under RPL. Because in group B you need to study few Computer subjects. MCSE, CCNA, CCNP like certifications are also OK. Not sure about MCP, but heard that microsoft certs are considered more over the cisco one.

You can go for IEAust also, but you may not score 120 points in this route

I did study some computer subjects in my Electrical and Electronics Engineering degree.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road

If you want to apply under group B with ACS, you need to highlight all the IT content of your degree and get your uni to state that the IT content is over 20%. If its less then 20%, then you'll have to try the RPL route.

MCP doesnt count for anything - can you do the other exams and get an MCSD/MCSE? If so, that also counts as group B.

With IEAust, I believe you need at least one year experience working in an engineering role. When you score your points under work experience (if you've got at least 3years worth of experience in at last 4 years) , you'll get 5 instead of 10, as it won't be in your nominated skill.

Hope that helps!
Denise