Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

juaning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Application Status (merged threads)

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
I got the mail yesterday with the trackign number.. but are any of you guys able to actually view the status online.. even last time I was not able to view it on australia post's website.. am I checking a wrong url here?
you have to wait for 2 or 3 days after the email to check de tracking site
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Try this link if you're from India, its from the Indian Post website. I'm sure other country postal websites should be able to track international postings too.

It shows events for my tracking number.

Last edited by lloydk; Oct 22nd 2010 at 5:40 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

baazighar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lloydk
Try this link if you're from India, its from the Indian Post website. I'm sure other country postal websites should be able to track international postings too.

It shows events for my tracking number.
Thanks Mate!!! the link you have given shows some entries aganist my tracking number. I'm not sure whether it shows the full tracking until I receive the post. You have any idea... Lets see..

Last edited by baazighar; Oct 23rd 2010 at 3:30 am.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by baazighar
Thanks Mate!!! the link you have given shows some entries aganist my tracking number. I'm not sure whether it shows the full tracking until I receive the post. You have any idea... Lets see..
Hey,
My assessment letter arrived today and it was positive :-)
So I can confirm that two years is sufficient for a degree found to be highly relevant to your profession.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hey,
My assessment letter arrived today and it was positive :-)
So I can confirm that two years is sufficient for a degree found to be highly relevant to your profession.
Congrats buddy, I too received the letter today and the ANZSCO code is 261312. BTW what's your code, did they mentioned about any specialization like oracle/java/.net etc..

Regards/Baazighar
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by baazighar
Congrats buddy, I too received the letter today and the ANZSCO code is 261312. BTW what's your code, did they mentioned about any specialization like oracle/java/.net etc..

Regards/Baazighar
I applied for the same code. No specialization was mentioned although I work for SAP - a company name thats the same as its specialization. Of course, I never asked for specialization to begin with; mistake from my side.

However, I heard that if stats sponsorship looks for specialization, you can mention that with your assessment, they have their own set of experts to assess the same.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

@lloydk\baazighar,

looks like all 3 of us are at similiar stages.. I got my assessment too...261312 Developer Programmer..

What are you guys planning? apply straight away for 175 and then go for 176 if these skills are in the SMPs? or wait till the SMPs are announced?

and IELTs? well, I am done with IELTS, and now qualify for 175 at the moment, just wondering if I should wait for SMPs for priority processing
Old Oct 27th 2010, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

@lloydk\baazighar,

looks like all 3 of us are at similiar stages.. I got my assessment too...261312 Developer Programmer..

What are you guys planning? apply straight away for 175 and then go for 176 if these skills are in the SMPs? or wait till the SMPs are announced?

and IELTs? well, I am done with IELTS, and now qualify for 175 at the moment, just wondering if I should wait for SMPs for priority processing

As per the new rules, you cannot switch your application from 175 to 176 if your occupation suddenly turns up on the SMP's, you have to start your application again shelling out 2545 AUD! So you have to decide whether SMP is the way you want to go or not and whether the occupation is listed or not. So if priority is what you need, then look out for SMP's else, lodge your 175 and sit back.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

As per the new rules, you cannot switch your application from 175 to 176 if your occupation suddenly turns up on the SMP's, you have to start your application again shelling out 2545 AUD! So you have to decide whether SMP is the way you want to go or not and whether the occupation is listed or not. So if priority is what you need, then look out for SMP's else, lodge your 175 and sit back.
Thanks.. if you have already finalised for 175 application, can you pls share the application checklist , or any url to it? Also, can one of you confirm if passport if satisfactory as evidence for date of birth..

thanks..
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.. if you have already finalised for 175 application, can you pls share the application checklist , or any url to it? Also, can one of you confirm if passport if satisfactory as evidence for date of birth..

thanks..
Yeah, I agree with lloydk...
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:28 am
Just Joined

lonelyplaneteer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS 261313 (Software Engineer)

Hi,

I am a new member of this forum.
I am going to apply for my assessment for this category also.
But my designation in my company is 'Software Developer'.

Is this an issue?

Thanks.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

its not an issue, there are several developer related occupations mentioned on the SOL, go through the description of each and decide on what suits you best.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Elcid is an unknown quantity at this point

where did you attach the passport scan in your online application. Also on the online form what did you guys write in the field Passport on the personal details section. I think we can write the passport number?right!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:18 am
Just Joined

zookey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 261313 Software Engineer or 261112 System Analyst ?

Hi, all, I am now preparing my ACS package. I am a software presales (technical support ) working for a big software company.

My daily working including ,
Acquire customer requirements
Draft proposal to propose software solutions according to customer's requirements
Present and propose the solution to customer
Finish POC (Proof Of Concept, like building a small prototype to verity the solution)
Support developers (business partners) to develop the project especially to help them review the architecture and interface design and also solve technical problems
Deliver trainings to business partner and customer

I have a list of software certifications including development, software administration, architecture design and also different operation systems.

Although I am a pre sales engineer, I also help customer do some installation and trouble shooting work occasionally. Especially it's needed during the POC stage.

Here is the question, shall I apply 261313 Software Engineer or 261112 System Analyst ? ( I have over 6 years experience in same company and same position)

I thought I am a software engineer, but as a pre sales person, it's said that I should apply System Analyst...

Please give me some suggestion, thank you very much !!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

zookey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 261313 Software Engineer or 261112 System Analyst ?

Originally Posted by zookey
Hi, all, I am now preparing my ACS package. I am a software presales (technical support ) working for a big software company.

My daily working including ,
Acquire customer requirements
Draft proposal to propose software solutions according to customer's requirements
Present and propose the solution to customer
Finish POC (Proof Of Concept, like building a small prototype to verity the solution)
Support developers (business partners) to develop the project especially to help them review the architecture and interface design and also solve technical problems
Deliver trainings to business partner and customer

I have a list of software certifications including development, software administration, architecture design and also different operation systems.

Although I am a pre sales engineer, I also help customer do some installation and trouble shooting work occasionally. Especially it's needed during the POC stage.

Here is the question, shall I apply 261313 Software Engineer or 261112 System Analyst ? ( I have over 6 years experience in same company and same position)

I thought I am a software engineer, but as a pre sales person, it's said that I should apply System Analyst...

Please give me some suggestion, thank you very much !!
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...waiting for the reply ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.