Absent Father Issue

Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all
Default Re: Absent Father Issue

Originally Posted by JAJ
Agree with Les - do not remove step-daughter from application.

It is fairly well established under law in the UK that 16 and 17 year olds do not need the permission of a parent (or a court order) to move outside the country. It might be useful to get a good family law solicitor to write something explaining this. DIAC only need evidence that home country law is complied with.

Unclear what a statutory declaration could add.

When does step-daughter turn 18?
She turns 17 on the 27th Jan 2010. So to answer your question she will be a18 in just over a years time.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flanagaj
She turns 17 on the 27th Jan 2010. So to answer your question she will be a18 in just over a years time.
What you have posted makes no sense. Do you mean 2011?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bit confused with this situation. Is this the same child that you want to take off the application because she is scared of needles and won't do her medical?

Do you actually want her to be on the application or not? What does her mother think? What is the objective as far as you arae concerned.

Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
What you have posted makes no sense. Do you mean 2011?
Correct. 17 in Jan 2010 and 18 in 2011
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am a bit confused with this situation. Is this the same child that you want to take off the application because she is scared of needles and won't do her medical?

Do you actually want her to be on the application or not? What does her mother think? What is the objective as far as you arae concerned.

Yes. She is my Step Daughter, is petrified of needles and has an absent Father who we will never be able to get an agreement from for her to leave the UK, even though she has nothing to do with him.

The objective as far as I am concerned is to make sure that my Wife, 8 year old Daugther and myself do get our Visas and if the Step Daughter wants to come then fine, otherwise, we go regardless.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flanagaj
Yes. She is my Step Daughter, is petrified of needles and has an absent Father who we will never be able to get an agreement from for her to leave the UK, even though she has nothing to do with him.
She is 16, so absent father has no say, you've already been told that.

As for medicals, haven't you already got some advice on that?

The objective as far as I am concerned is to make sure that my Wife, 8 year old Daugther and myself do get our Visas and if the Step Daughter wants to come then fine, otherwise, we go regardless.
Are you saying you are prepared to abandon your step-daughter?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
She is 16, so absent father has no say, you've already been told that.

As for medicals, haven't you already got some advice on that?

Are you saying you are prepared to abandon your step-daughter?
Thanks for the advice. I will speak with CO and take it from there.