Absent Father Issue

Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all
Default Absent Father Issue

I am applying to go to Australia with my Wife, Daughter and Step Daughter. As my Step Daughter is under 18 they have requested proof that she can be removed from the UK with both Parents permission. The issue we have is that she has no contact with her biological Father and as result we will not be able to provide proof that it is ok for her to leave the UK.

Anyone able to assist here with what we should do. She is 17 years of age ?

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice
Default Re: Absent Father Issue

I had the same problem more or less though i managed to get biological father to sign. If that was going to be an issue you can either get a court document as after 5 years (or 3 cant remember) you can do that, to say the father has had no contact but that takes time.
of course you could wait unitl she turns 18 and have her as a dependant. (though that would mean waiting until her birthday and that could be 12 months or so
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice

Originally Posted by flanagaj
I am applying to go to Australia with my Wife, Daughter and Step Daughter. As my Step Daughter is under 18 they have requested proof that she can be removed from the UK with both Parents permission. The issue we have is that she has no contact with her biological Father and as result we will not be able to provide proof that it is ok for her to leave the UK.

Thanks
As far as I am aware you will need then to apply to the courts for an order stating that your wife has sole custody or I think a statutory declaration might be enough, however if the father is not named on the birth certificate then u don't need anything...my eldest son has no father named on his birth certificate therefore I have sole custody and DIAC have accepted that without statutory declaration. Word of warning though he can still make things difficult for you so tread carefully, I am currently in a court battle for my youngest son and its not easy. Good Luck

L
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by xLaLax
As far as I am aware you will need then to apply to the courts for an order stating that your wife has sole custody or I think a statutory declaration might be enough, however if the father is not named on the birth certificate then u don't need anything...my eldest son has no father named on his birth certificate therefore I have sole custody and DIAC have accepted that without statutory declaration. Word of warning though he can still make things difficult for you so tread carefully, I am currently in a court battle for my youngest son and its not easy. Good Luck

L
The birth dertificate does not state parental names, but the name used is my Wifes ex boyfriends name. Given she is 17 and that we are not planning on actually going for a year or so I think it will be easier to remove her from the Visa app and then she can come over on a working holiday visa when we are there ?
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The birth dertificate does not state parental names, but the name used is my Wifes ex boyfriends name. Given she is 17 and that we are not planning on actually going for a year or so I think it will be easier to remove her from the Visa app and then she can come over on a working holiday visa when we are there ?
You could do that but then she would have to go home at the end of the year. Why not speak to an agent about your options? Many will give a free initial consultation.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

If you are UK resident, there shouldn't be a problem. See the wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Child_...aged_16_and_17
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

uk2aus will become famous soon enough

Thanks
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...responsibility
I hope this helps as we was in the same situation and have been granted PR
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Unfortunately my Wife had to give him Parental Responsibility many years ago in the advice of a very poor solicitor
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
If you are UK resident, there shouldn't be a problem. See the wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Child_...aged_16_and_17
I am sure I read this before we applied so I was surprised when asked by the CO to provide further details that we have consent to remove the Child from the UK
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure I read this before we applied so I was surprised when asked by the CO to provide further details that we have consent to remove the Child from the UK
Case officers very often don't know about the laws in other countries regarding child custody.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Case officers very often don't know about the laws in other countries regarding child custody.
S is it just a case of getting a solicitors letter that outlines the law on child custody in the uk ?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd get a stat dec done stating you have no idea where the biological father is, how long ago it is since she saw her father and how he's had no part in her life for xx years. Given her age that 'might' do the trick. I certainly wouldn't take her off your application. That's likely to cause you major aggro in the future when you want her to join you permanently.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'd get a stat dec done stating you have no idea where the biological father is, how long ago it is since she saw her father and how he's had no part in her life for xx years. Given her age that 'might' do the trick. I certainly wouldn't take her off your application. That's likely to cause you major aggro in the future when you want her to join you permanently.
Stupid question, but can we do the stat dec ourselves or do we need a qualified solicitor ?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:15 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

In view of:
The issue we have is that she has no contact with her biological Father and as result we will not be able to provide proof that it is ok for her to leave the UK.
The birth certificate does not state parental names, but the name used is my Wifes ex boyfriends name
Unfortunately my Wife had to give him Parental Responsibility many years ago in the advice of a very poor solicitor
I think you should be seeking professional advice, especially in relation to any Statutory Declaration you hope may solve your problems. I would not be taking your step-daughter off your application as that will lead to problems in the future. You need to get this right first time.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Les - do not remove step-daughter from application.

It is fairly well established under law in the UK that 16 and 17 year olds do not need the permission of a parent (or a court order) to move outside the country. It might be useful to get a good family law solicitor to write something explaining this. DIAC only need evidence that home country law is complied with.

Unclear what a statutory declaration could add.

When does step-daughter turn 18?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.