887 Visa Applicants

Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

minkyme29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by sambeg
Hi
Urgent question
My CO has asked for AFP and I have already uploaded NPC.
What is the difference between the two? and Where do I apply AFP?
Please Help
Thanks
They are the same thing. Are you certain you sent National Police clearance? I had a friend who sent SA police checks by mistake and later had AFP/NPC requested by DIAC. Or did you send old NPC?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

sambeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minkyme29
They are the same thing. Are you certain you sent National Police clearance? I had a friend who sent SA police checks by mistake and later had AFP/NPC requested by DIAC. Or did you send old NPC?
Thanks for the reply
It say National Police Check but it has the logo of WA Police. So I think I have to get it done again.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants 2 year requirement

Originally Posted by RodT
Hi,

I am about to apply for 887 visa as i just completed 2 years. I travelled overseas for 4 weeks and now i have the same doubt do i have to delay my application for 4 weeks or not
How did your application go?

Thanks

RodT
I wouldn't worry about this. We left for 6 weeks over christmas 10/11 and I called when we got back. DIAC said it only matters if you are out of country for over 90 days.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Ok, so got my OH to ring them at 9am this morning and sure enough they found us on their system but discovered we have NO case officer and have indeed been overlooked. They explained that in such cases they often fast track applicants and try and slot them in asap but could still be a 3-4 week wait.

So another lesson in patience for us. Thanks to all for your help and advice, we will get there in the end I hope.
And as always will keep you posted as to developments.
It seems they can take any amount of time to process an 887 but I would assume the easier it is to do the more likely they are to do it quickly. Our application is quite complicated as I had 6 months 35+ full time work in employment and the rest is self employment. I have a letter from my accountant saying I work in the local area with my business, invoices from clients and it says on the 475 visa conditions that self employment counts so I think it should be ok. However I expect our 887 will take a while as I have to submit lots of information to prove self employment - tax return, accounts, spreadsheets etc. I reckon if you have been employed in 1 job the whole time it won't take long at all.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

My CO replied back on my doubts about AFP and NPC. She asked me to submit AFP from Brisbane. So I have done that yesterday. How long does it take for AFP check? I hope it does not take too long.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

My CO replied back on my doubts about AFP and NPC. She asked me to submit AFP from Brisbane. So I have done that yesterday. How long does it take for AFP check? I hope it does not take too long.
It usually takes about 10-14 days.
Good luck
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Erick74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I lodged my 887 visa application online on 9th of jan2011, and no change, no co on my status. Tried calling their office at 1300 364 613 several times at around 20 minutes per occasion but no answer except from the recording. Is there any number to ring brisbane office...

Thanks...
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Got my visa approved today within few hours after emailing my AFP today in the morning.

Finally

Applied on 1st Feb 2011
uploaded AFP on 3rd March 2011
887 Visa granted on 3rd March 2011
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Got my visa approved today within few hours after emailing my AFP today in the morning.

Finally

Applied on 1st Feb 2011
uploaded AFP on 3rd March 2011
887 Visa granted on 3rd March 2011
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! We know how good it feels
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:21 am
Just Joined

thank you
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

minkyme29 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are surely the happiest people alive today after we were granted our permanent Australian visa during the night! It's been the hardest 8 years of our lives (5 years in the planning and 3 living here on a temporary visa) and has almost lost us our sanity and me my teeth! But hey we've finally got it and now things can only get better and better! Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement.

Good luck to all those still waiting.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

We are surely the happiest people alive today after we were granted our permanent Australian visa during the night! It's been the hardest 8 years of our lives (5 years in the planning and 3 living here on a temporary visa) and has almost lost us our sanity and me my teeth! But hey we've finally got it and now things can only get better and better! Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement.

Congratulations
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
We are very happy to hear that! Now celebrate
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

For providing confirmation of a de facto relationship (began before arriving in Australia), what is required and does it need to be some-one in Australia or can it be parents in the UK ?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Excellent. Great news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.