Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Hi Guys
Any updates??
Has anyone applied recently??
Please share.
Eva
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice

Originally Posted by sebeva
Hi Guys
Any updates??
Has anyone applied recently??
Please share.
Eva
Hello again

We applied today!!!!!! Had big problems uploading our documents - it was saying that this was not available at the moment. I had to phone immigration and ask them what to do. We recieved a Bridging Visa and now are playing the waiting game! Mixed emotions at the moment! How long for you guys?
Old Oct 13th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ClairePM
Hello again

We applied today!!!!!! Had big problems uploading our documents - it was saying that this was not available at the moment. I had to phone immigration and ask them what to do. We recieved a Bridging Visa and now are playing the waiting game! Mixed emotions at the moment! How long for you guys?

We can apply in 57 days I'm already very nervous...
Let us know if you have any news like status changes or your visa
Have you already uploaded your Australian Police Clearance?? I have seen in the other posts that some of the applicants of the 887 actually front loaded it together with the other documents.

Do you intent to stay where you are after your visa is granted or do you want to move somewhere else??

We hope you get your visa very soon
We wish you all best!!
x Eva
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Caloundra Bec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again

Good Luck ClairePM with everything, we are nearly at the same stage as you are it seems.

We tried to start our online application the other day and then save it (although our two years on the 487 isn't up until 25/10/10) and we got the message saying the 'service was not available as we didn't have the pre-requisite Visa.'

Is this the same message you were getting?

We phoned Immi who told us that we did have the right pre-requisite Visa and to try again later to the date. Basically, they had no idea why this was happening and didn't seem that bothered it. We just want it to go right now.

Did you go online to do yours in the ned and if so, what did you do to make this work?

We are so close now and I don't think our stress levels can get any higher.

Last edited by Caloundra Bec; Oct 13th 2010 at 7:55 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice

Originally Posted by sebeva

We can apply in 57 days I'm already very nervous...
Let us know if you have any news like status changes or your visa
Have you already uploaded your Australian Police Clearance?? I have seen in the other posts that some of the applicants of the 887 actually front loaded it together with the other documents.

Do you intent to stay where you are after your visa is granted or do you want to move somewhere else??

We hope you get your visa very soon
We wish you all best!!
x Eva
Hello

We have only recieved our Federal Police checks today so we havent uploaded them.
We are going to stay in Adelaide as we both have good jobs and have made many friends here. It is just a shame that the weather is not as good here as Queenslands, nevermind it is only a couple of hour flight up there for holidays! It is a weird feeling being on a briding visa now, after all the problems uploading the documents yesterday, I have a had a bad headache since then!
Will keep you updated if we hear any news.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Caloundra Bec
Good Luck ClairePM with everything, we are nearly at the same stage as you are it seems.

We tried to start our online application the other day and then save it (although our two years on the 487 isn't up until 25/10/10) and we got the message saying the 'service was not available as we didn't have the pre-requisite Visa.'

Is this the same message you were getting?

We phoned Immi who told us that we did have the right pre-requisite Visa and to try again later to the date. Basically, they had no idea why this was happening and didn't seem that bothered it. We just want it to go right now.

Did you go online to do yours in the ned and if so, what did you do to make this work?

We are so close now and I don't think our stress levels can get any higher.
Hello
You can start the application online for a 887 visa 28 days before you have been here for two years and a day (though I note that you are on a different visa to our 495 or the 475 visa). You go as far as the payment pages and can save everything till there. After two years and a day of being here you can pay for the visa, it then goes onto another page and asks you to uploads your documents. On this page it will give you TRN number. Later on you will recive two emails to your personal email address, one will be for your Bridging visa and the other one will be informing you that your applications is being processed. It took about 15 hours for these emails to come through, though I heard that the time varies on these.

I hope that the above makes sense.

As for stress levels, mine have been like this for months, I don't think that I have ever aged so much in such a short time. Also waking up in the middle of the night thinking about this arggghhhhh!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Caloundra Bec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
You can start the application online for a 887 visa 28 days before you have been here for two years and a day (though I note that you are on a different visa to our 495 or the 475 visa). You go as far as the payment pages and can save everything till there. After two years and a day of being here you can pay for the visa, it then goes onto another page and asks you to uploads your documents. On this page it will give you TRN number. Later on you will recive two emails to your personal email address, one will be for your Bridging visa and the other one will be informing you that your applications is being processed. It took about 15 hours for these emails to come through, though I heard that the time varies on these.

As for stress levels, mine have been like this for months, I don't think that I have ever aged so much in such a short time. Also waking up in the middle of the night thinking about this arggghhhhh!!!!
I know what you mean, can I ask a question though.

When you say you had trouble with the website what exactly was it - we are trying to start our application (just had another go now) and we just get the message that we don't have the pre-requisite visa. We know we do though and Immi has even confirmed this. I think our problem is that we didn't get our passport stamped so we are using our Visa Grant Number. Immi has told us that this is the same number as the Visa number but it seems to be being rejected.

Did you get any similar messages when applying online - what was your problem and how did you manage to rectify it?

Last edited by Caloundra Bec; Oct 14th 2010 at 9:20 am.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Hello

The 495/475 is the same as the 487 with the difference that the 487 is an onshore visa, granted while you are onshore like us. We came here on a student visa, then changed to the 487 QLD sponsored.

Yes, I also have never experienced so much stress like here in Australia because of the whole visa process....

Hello

We have only recieved our Federal Police checks today so we havent uploaded them.
We are going to stay in Adelaide as we both have good jobs and have made many friends here. It is just a shame that the weather is not as good here as Queenslands, nevermind it is only a couple of hour flight up there for holidays! It is a weird feeling being on a briding visa now, after all the problems uploading the documents yesterday, I have a had a bad headache since then!
Will keep you updated if we hear any news.
We also stay where we are. We love Hervey Bay, the climate here and also got lot of friends. We actually have a couple of friends here they moved from Adelaide to Hervey Bay this year.
Don't forget to come to Hervey Bay when you visit QLD. It would be great to meet you for a drink or so
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Caloundra Bec
I know what you mean, can I ask a question though.

When you say you had trouble with the website what exactly was it - we are trying to start our application (just had another go now) and we just get the message that we don't have the pre-requisite visa. We know we do though and Immi has even confirmed this. I think our problem is that we didn't get our passport stamped so we are using our Visa Grant Number. Immi has told us that this is the same number as the Visa number but it seems to be being rejected.

Did you get any similar messages when applying online - what was your problem and how did you manage to rectify it?
Sorry, I cannot help you but I can imagine how frustrating it is.
I hope for you that the problem disappears pretty quick
Relax for today and try tomorrow again
Good Luck
Eva
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:14 am
Just Joined

clark2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bros.

Another question before applying 887.

I got my 487 in july 2009, but i went back to my home country for 2 months after that, do i need to wait until sep 2011 before i can apply 887.

someone says that if we didn't leave for longer than 3 months then we don't need to put it off.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys!
Any updates??
We have to wait 44 days till we can apply for the 887. Very nervous already
Good luck for everyone
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:46 am
Just Joined

rcha is an unknown quantity at this point

I need a help related to woking full time for 12 months for VISA 887 eligibility:

I have worked more than 35 hours (for more than 12 months ) as a casual employee, will it work as casual employee? any experience /thoughts
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcha
I need a help related to woking full time for 12 months for VISA 887 eligibility:

I have worked more than 35 hours (for more than 12 months ) as a casual employee, will it work as casual employee? any experience /thoughts
Hi and welcome to this forum
As far as I know casual working is fine. I have seen few posts here to the same question and the people who applied were fine with casual working for the 887.
When are you going to apply?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:05 am
Just Joined

rcha is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be applying on nov 14th and wondering : should i go online or paper.
AS 887 extempt from Priority processing, does anyone know how is Brisbane processing cetre going on.Found adelaide is on VB 887 (paper): 30 September 2010
Old Oct 28th 2010, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

[omg omg omg 887 visa granted today. Arrrgggghhh yeeee haaaa. We applied on the 13th October.

So so happy. Never thought that this day would come. Good luck to everyone.

Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.