491 state nomination/family sponsor

Old Apr 16th 2020, 8:34 am
Just Joined

There is light is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 491 state nomination/family sponsor

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can provide guidance please? I applied for 334111 Plumber with SA 190 and paid their $220 to learn that it is no longer available. So I am thinking to apply for 491(S) and/or 491(F). I have an EOI for South Australia at present as well as EOIs for WA and NSW for the same occupation. Although I haven't applied to SA for 491 Application as yet, I asked the question to them to ensure that my application will be processed i.e. making sure Plumber is still on their SOL which I can see it is. They have responded with this:

How do I apply for state nomination?
  1. Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect; select “South Australia” only and the relevant visa subclass (either 190 or 489)
  2. After lodging your EOI, you should submit an online application for state nomination through the Immigration SA website. You must enter your EOI reference number into the state nomination application form.
  3. Your state nomination application is then processed by Immigration SA.
Does the word 'only' mentioned in point 1 above mean I should only have one EOI? And that having more than one EOI would mean they may not process my application and I risk losing another $220? SA seems to be processing State Nominations differently i.e. you need to apply through their website after having EOI in Skillsselect, pay the fees and then hope to be invited whereas NSW require to lodge EOI, and they review EOI before asking you to apply on their NSW website and pay, which seems fairer.
FYI - family sponsor is my sister who lives in WA.

Thanks in advance