489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Old May 19th 2019, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by TessaCor
THANKS FOR THIS INFO. I'm currently considering applying for a 489 Family sponsored visa I'm a Careers Counsellor in the UK with 5 years experience in this profession, I'm 40 and my sister can sponsor me hopefully she lives in Perth WA which is where I'd like to work and I seem to meet the points expectation of 65. It states the cost of the visa is $3750 ish, but are there any additional costs i.e. how much is the skills assessment? What is involved in the skills assessment? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but please bear with me.

Also how did you get on with your sponsored visa, did you find work OK?
You'll need to ascertain which body does the skills assessment for your particular skill, and then contact them to find out the requirements as they are different for every skill.
Bear in mind that requirements change frequently and what was true when the OP posted originally may have changed a lot in the last few years.