Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

475 SA Sponsored - Working and the first 2 years in state

475 SA Sponsored - Working and the first 2 years in state

Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default 475 SA Sponsored - Working and the first 2 years in state

Hi,

I'd like some advice from anyone who has gained or is looking to gain permanent residency via the 475 state sponsored to regional 887 permanent visa route.

The obligations and requirements, amongst others, for a 475 and 887 is that you have to live in your state of sponsorship for 2 years and work for 1.

Regarding the work requirement, is it true to say you could take maybe the first 4, 6 or 8 months off work on your arrival in the first year and, as long as you work for 12 months in the remaining time, you could still expect a positive 887 result from DIMIA when the time comes to apply after 2 years of living in state? Or are they likely to look badly on this time off?

It would be ideal for me to take at least a few months off when I arrive in state to organise an apartment, buy a car, furniture etc. and get to see the state before I jump into a 9-5 but if this is going to affect my 887 application after the first two years I'd rather not.

I doubt it would be an issue as it does say in print work for 1 year and live for 2 but thought it might be something DIMIA considered when assessing an 887 application.

Thanks

Last edited by Alborg; Sep 19th 2008 at 2:28 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 475 SA Sponsored - Working and the first 2 years in state

Originally Posted by Alborg
Hi,

I'd like some advice from anyone who has gained or is looking to gain permanent residency via the 475 state sponsored to regional 887 permanent visa route.

The obligations and requirements, amongst others, for a 475 and 887 is that you have to live in your state of sponsorship for 2 years and work for 1.

Regarding the work requirement, is it true to say you could take maybe the first 4, 6 or 8 months off work on your arrival in the first year and, as long as you work for 12 months in the remaining time, you could still expect a positive 887 result from DIMIA when the time comes to apply after 2 years of living in state? Or are they likely to look badly on this time off?

It would be ideal for me to take at least a few months off when I arrive in state to organise an apartment, buy a car, furniture etc. and get to see the state before I jump into a 9-5 but if this is going to affect my 887 application after the first two years I'd rather not.

I doubt it would be an issue as it does say in print work for 1 year and live for 2 but thought it might be something DIMIA considered when assessing an 887 application.

Thanks
I would have thought so, I'm arriving in November and i'm not planning on working till after xmas.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

I will be interested in how you get on, as I will be doing similar, but undecided on when we will be taking time out (my wife hairdresser, so could land a job much quicker than me).

We certainly plan to take advantage of the 12 in 24 conditions in order to get some quality family time back after 17 years of nose to the grindstone!!

I may have to do some serious diving as well....

Twinset
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

You first by the looks of it

I've only just received a positive skills assessment two days ago which have to say put a smile on my face. Will be submitting my state sponsorship application in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to your help it should be much less daunting to complete.

I guess I'll be looking at your timelines closely so keep me posted.

Originally Posted by Twinset
I will be interested in how you get on, as I will be doing similar, but undecided on when we will be taking time out (my wife hairdresser, so could land a job much quicker than me).

We certainly plan to take advantage of the 12 in 24 conditions in order to get some quality family time back after 17 years of nose to the grindstone!!

I may have to do some serious diving as well....

Twinset
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

To both of you,

Looks like it will be Wats123 first, then me, so it is gonna be an adventure....!!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:01 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice

Originally Posted by wats123
I would have thought so, I'm arriving in November and i'm not planning on working till after xmas.
...................I'm arriving in November - STOP SHOWING OFF YOU LUCKY THING!!