457 x ray question

Old May 11th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

mickbro will become famous soon enough
Default 457 x ray question

Hi all,
just a question about xrays
im the main applicant so the form i take to x ray is pre filled in
but my wife as second applicant fills in form 160, on this form it asks for a passport photograph, but it also says taking passport is acceptable, should we take both?
also question asks where you lodged application? will this be Sydney or does it depend where you are going to
last one wifes occupation she will not be working in Australia or does it mean occ in UK?
thanks in advance
mick
Old May 11th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 x ray question

Hi,
there's a space for a photo at the top of the form if you're outside Aus.

When it says "where you lodged" it assumes you have already lodged the application so that would be the address you sent it to. If you are lodging it online then it has to be the office which deals with online 457 visas.. don't know about that. The clinic needs to know where to send the results.

For wife's occupation I'd put what she did in UK. Don't think it's too important as her occupation doesn't form part of the application.
Old May 11th 2008, 1:58 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickbro
Hi all,
just a question about xrays
im the main applicant so the form i take to x ray is pre filled in
but my wife as second applicant fills in form 160, on this form it asks for a passport photograph, but it also says taking passport is acceptable, should we take both?
also question asks where you lodged application? will this be Sydney or does it depend where you are going to
last one wifes occupation she will not be working in Australia or does it mean occ in UK?
thanks in advance
mick

When we did our xrays, we needed passport pic's as they attach then to the form 160. We also took our passports as ID.
We put Adelaide on our forms as thats were they needed to be sent, for our application.
As for your wifes occupation, we put homemaker for my wife's application as thats what she'l be when we get to Oz, and not a Civil Servant as she is now.

Hope this helps.
Old May 11th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

mickbro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
When we did our xrays, we needed passport pic's as they attach then to the form 160. We also took our passports as ID.
We put Adelaide on our forms as thats were they needed to be sent, for our application.
As for your wifes occupation, we put homemaker for my wife's application as thats what she'l be when we get to Oz, and not a Civil Servant as she is now.

Hope this helps.
thanks for that, the only other thing is my x ray form is pre filled & doesnt ask for a photo, is that right
Old May 11th 2008, 6:05 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickbro
thanks for that, the only other thing is my x ray form is pre filled & doesnt ask for a photo, is that right
Im not 100% sure,as we completed ours, but I would take some just incase, better to be safe than sorry.