457 x-ray question?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

theshephards is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 x-ray question?

Hiya, we are just applying for a 457 visa, was just wondering whether or not to have our x-rays now to save time or wait until they are requested, any ideas?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:30 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 x-ray question?

Originally Posted by theshephards
Hiya, we are just applying for a 457 visa, was just wondering whether or not to have our x-rays now to save time or wait until they are requested, any ideas?
it doesnt take long and they actually give you a list of approved centres so it may be a good idea to wait
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:18 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theshephards

Quite a few people have frontloaded medicals (including me!), but only because we definitely want to be in OZ within a year and want to speed the application up. It's a personal decision, just make sure if you do frontload you'll be able to migrate or validate within 12 months, otherwise you may have to redo them.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi, don,t wish to appear ignorant, but are they checking for cancer on these chest x-rays?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:59 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

They're looking for anything 'unusual' but specifically any signs of TB. They would also (obviously) let you know if there were other issues and request further checks etc.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your reply, i am an ex smoker and was worried that may effect my results!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Thanks for your reply, i am an ex smoker and was worried that may effect my results!
It may effect your result but not your outcome.

I believe that the main thing X Ray is for is for checking current or past TB. If you have had it you wont get in. If you have had it you probably already know.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jayr
It may effect your result but not your outcome.

I believe that the main thing X Ray is for is for checking current or past TB. If you have had it you wont get in. If you have had it you probably already know.

That's my understanding as well!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I have asthma and am a smoker - yeah i know bad combination, but it didnt effect the visa.
In hindsight i would have got the xrays out of the way earlier rather than waiting. The 457 process though doesnt take too long - ours took about three months
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:21 am
I'd rather be climbing

mkargo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by verystormy
I have asthma and am a smoker - yeah i know bad combination, but it didnt effect the visa.
In hindsight i would have got the xrays out of the way earlier rather than waiting. The 457 process though doesnt take too long - ours took about three months
Three months from start to finish? Does that include the time taken for the sponsorship to go through? (Going for my xray next week for a 457.)
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkargo
Three months from start to finish? Does that include the time taken for the sponsorship to go through? (Going for my xray next week for a 457.)
We got our TRN from my sponser on 24th December and submitted our application a week later. Had medical back end of February, i know they were posted by the hospital on the 28th February, last Tuesday it came up as medicals received and being processed, Wednesday showed medicals finalised and thursday visa granted.
I think it took about a month from me accepting the job to the company getting the TRN
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

We got our TRN from my sponser on 24th December and submitted our application a week later. Had medical back end of February, i know they were posted by the hospital on the 28th February, last Tuesday it came up as medicals received and being processed, Wednesday showed medicals finalised and thursday visa granted.
I think it took about a month from me accepting the job to the company getting the TRN
sorry to take over the thread i've been thinking about the x-rays is it only traces of tb there looking for? just that we got an immunisation against tb in high school.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by lossiepickle
sorry to take over the thread i've been thinking about the x-rays is it only traces of tb there looking for? just that we got an immunisation against tb in high school.

That's the main thing, although i guess if anything else shows up they'll want it investigated.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

domco77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Just to chip in, I had a bit of an unexpected result from my X-ray. Apparently I have "slightly-overinflated lungs" (am a 30 y.o otherwise healthy recent ex-smoker), Australia House have since sent my medical report to Health Assessment Services (HAS) section in Australia" for them too look at. V.stressful! Fingers x'd, really hope that won't jeopardise the application as I thought it was only TB that was a big no-no....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

domco77 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I can ask verystormy, did they ask for further tests, other than the standard X-ray?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.