457 visa (skills assesment)

Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Default 457 visa (skills assesment)

Hi all,
Does anyone know if you need a skills assesment done for a 457 visa
Thanks
Lee
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:26 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: 457 visa (skills assesment)

No you don't need one, 457 visa holders will already have been offered a job and their employer should satisfy themselves that your skills meet the requirements of the position. Skill assessment is usually used for the points tested visas
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 visa (skills assesment)

I have not applied for the 457 visa, but from what I have read they do want copies of qualifications, but just don't need them certifying.

I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread, but I don't quite understand how it all works either. The job catagory I most fit into is associate professional, medical laboratory technical officer. On the job description on the DIMA website it says:
This occupation requires you to have completed formal qualifications achieved through study, training or work experience and is referred to as the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). You need to have attained AQF Certificate Diploma or higher qualification or at least three years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.

When they then talk about the assessing body it says:
Applicants for skills assessment must usually possess an AIMS accredited professional bachelor degree in medical laboratory science or laboratory medicine; or a relevant science degree and successful completion of either the Membership or Fellowship examination of the Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists; or a relevant science degree and successful completion of either the Australian Society of Cytology or the International Academy of Cytology examination.

I have vocational training, would this be ok in anyones experiance for being sponsored for this job?
I am also a little confused by the AQF bit, does this mean you must have studied to do it in Australia?

Any help would be great. I did phone a couple of agents up a few months ago, but they didn't seem to have any experiance under this catagory, and I didn't think to ask about sponsorship at the time.

By the way, getting an employer to recognise my qualifications for that job is not a problem at all.

Thanks, and sorry again for hijacking.