457 visa, hire agent or do it alone?

Old May 14th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

jennireren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa, hire agent or do it alone?

hi Everyone,

We have got a job offer from a company who are willing to sponsor us. Has anyone applied for this on there own without paying a migration agent or do most people go through an agent? We have got a quote for £1650 for the agents services for the whole process.

can anyone share their opinions or experiences??

Thanks,

Jennie
Old May 14th 2008, 3:31 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default Re: 457 visa, hire agent or do it alone?

Originally Posted by jennireren
hi Everyone,

We have got a job offer from a company who are willing to sponsor us. Has anyone applied for this on there own without paying a migration agent or do most people go through an agent? We have got a quote for £1650 for the agents services for the whole process.

can anyone share their opinions or experiences??

Thanks,

Jennie
Hi ,
do the company not have an agent to work for both of you, ours is all being done for us by an agent appointed by the company, and they are paying for the process as well e.g the agent, visa, meds,police checks etc

regards

michell
Old May 14th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

jennireren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michell
Hi ,
do the company not have an agent to work for both of you, ours is all being done for us by an agent appointed by the company, and they are paying for the process as well e.g the agent, visa, meds,police checks etc

regards

michell
Hi Michell,

We approached the company by sending them my husbands cv and they have offered him a job and agreed to sponsorship but they have never done it before so we told them we would cover any costs. who is your company using?

Regards,

Jennie
Old May 14th 2008, 10:11 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Hi Michell,

We approached the company by sending them my husbands cv and they have offered him a job and agreed to sponsorship but they have never done it before so we told them we would cover any costs. who is your company using?

Regards,

Jennie
Hi jennie,

i dont know the company name only our agents name, sorry, also if you are going on a 457 do some research on the LAFHA (living away from home allowance) you can do a search on here.

good luck

michell
Old May 15th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michell,

Regards,

Jennie
Be careful about offering to cover costs..from memory one of the conditions and questions asked on your side of the 457 application is something like "Have you paid anything to the company as part of your application".

I'm sure its fine that you pay your own side of the visa application costs, x-rays etc, but I think it is to stop people being charged to be sponsored.

BTW - We did our application all ourselves (with the great help of info on here). For our application, I wouldn't of needed an agent....
Old May 15th 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

ROSEBABE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Be careful about offering to cover costs..from memory one of the conditions and questions asked on your side of the 457 application is something like "Have you paid anything to the company as part of your application".

I'm sure its fine that you pay your own side of the visa application costs, x-rays etc, but I think it is to stop people being charged to be sponsored.

BTW - We did our application all ourselves (with the great help of info on here). For our application, I wouldn't of needed an agent....
hi is there anyone who has done an online application that can help with a quick question please?
Old May 15th 2008, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROSEBABE
hi is there anyone who has done an online application that can help with a quick question please?
Ask away!