Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

jemma_howle is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 457

hi,
my partner is a welder, who had a sponsor 457 visa granted for a company in brisbane, however that sponsor has fallen through. he has been offered another job in victoria and as i understand we have to reaply for the visa, has any1 done it without using an agent? the company in victoria have sponsored before and we have already done the process once, would it be easy enough to do without an agent using the online application??
also how long are they takin at the moment?? last time it only took about a wk after handing in our part of the visa?
am i correct in thinking i can use the xrays i had done a few months ago for the 1st time round, this time?
its all been a bit of a nightmare!! lol :curse:
many thanks
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

nicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to all
Default Re: 457

I can't wait to hear the replies to your question. My partner is also a welder and we are in Oz now on the 12 month visa, whilst our permanent residancy continues when the TRA replace pathway D.

My partners current employer here said he will sponsor us to stay. We also need to know if we need to use the agency we are with for this or is the process simple enough for us to do ourselves.

We have no idea what the process involves, his employer has sponsored other workers before and said he needs us to get the paperwork?

Not sure if we should use the agency or if it would just end up costing us more just for them to get the forms we need.

We would prefer to get the sponsorship just for the time being to enable us to stay in Oz whilst the revised MAP for skilled migration continues for god knows how long!
:curse:

The first time you applied for sponsorship, was this difficult and did you have to use an agent during this?
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at www.immi.gov.au and look at the details required. Its under workers, employer sponsored, temporary.

Its pretty easy really but its a matter of choice whether to use and agent. many do it without
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

nicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to all

On the 457 Visa, are you eligable to apply for finance in Australia or approach the bank for a loan?

I'm presuming you would need permanent residency for this? My bank in Oz gave me a visa card when I said we were half way through permanent residency (they weren't really supposed to).

I know in the past we have been asked if we have a visa card for finance on furniture at Amart but we only had a handycard then.

So much easier when you can get residency straight away! :curse:

We desperately need a new car, the one we have here now is so old and unreliable - broke down today! I'm hoping we might be able to get finance on a newer car from a dealer for that extra bit of security and peace of mind. Would be even better if we could get a loan from the bank - I don't trust the car dealers.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

ok i have started the visa, it all seems straight forward enough.
im at the point of attaching documents- as already posted we have already been granted a 457- but the sponsor has fallen through. we had a agent do the 1st visa and it worries me, because alot of the information required wasn't ever requested from the agent, im very confused how the visa was granted without photos etc...
but it was my question is for anyone doing this visa, how much have u attached ive done the qualifications, photos, birth cert.s and passports ect. but as we are not married how much proof should i include? also do i need a copy of a letter for our new employer saying the job is ours? lil confused- but then again slightly brain dead from work and this really cold weather lol.many thanks
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought the empoyer when they do their part of the visa would put on somewhere that the job is yours (but I have not been through the process yet).
We are using an agent and he said the medicals we had last year for our student visa would be fine for the 457 visa.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

thank god for that! was really worrying that i would have to pay for them again! so take it immi keep a copy on there computers or something then- as our xrays where posted to them and we never heard from them!
im praying that it all goes through soon!!!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

has your employer applied for their sponsorship/position approval? That has to be granted before they will grant your visa.

And yes they keep medical results on file. They are usually valid for only one year though.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Norman S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nicrock
On the 457 Visa, are you eligable to apply for finance in Australia or approach the bank for a loan?

I'm presuming you would need permanent residency for this? My bank in Oz gave me a visa card when I said we were half way through permanent residency (they weren't really supposed to).

I know in the past we have been asked if we have a visa card for finance on furniture at Amart but we only had a handycard then.

So much easier when you can get residency straight away! :curse:

We desperately need a new car, the one we have here now is so old and unreliable - broke down today! I'm hoping we might be able to get finance on a newer car from a dealer for that extra bit of security and peace of mind. Would be even better if we could get a loan from the bank - I don't trust the car dealers.
Hi Nic,
I've heard that you might be able to pick up a great car at auction. A lot of people have been hit for six by the downturn in the stockmarket and this has shown through in forced car sales. It's macabre I know.