3 Year exclusion but want to apply for GSM

Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:41 am
Just Joined

SarahRo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 Year exclusion but want to apply for GSM

Hi guys

would really appreciate some clarification as have read some different things.

My partner and I left perth in oct of this year after 3 and half years there. I was there on a 457 and left within the correct time frames etc. so i can go back.

My partners visa had expired in may 2008 before we met so he overstayed by 2 and half years. As we expected he received a 3 year ban. We left voluntarily as we knew we werent doing the right thing and wanted to sort our lives out.

We really want to go back - thats where our life is - and we both have enough points and qualifications to go back on a general skilled migration visa.

What are our chances?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Year exclusion but want to apply for GSM

Shouldn't have a problem once you have 'done' the three year ban and are able to apply and be granted a new visa. Just remember to be totally honest about everything when the time comes to apply.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all
Default Re: 3 Year exclusion but want to apply for GSM

AFAIK the 3 year ban is only for temporary visas so you wouldn't have a problem coming back on a permanent visa.