which visa???

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

harl113 is on a distinguished road
Default which visa???

Hi All

Me , partner and 3 kids thinking of making the move over to Oz and have a question.

My partner is a Nurse (ward sister) with several years experience aged 41.

We are abit confused on which visa would be best / easiest to obtain.

We would be looking to make the move permanent and it's Perth / surrounding area we are looking at.

Thanks in advance.

Terry
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa???

If you are not in a rush, then why not look into the skille dmigrant visa 175 or 176. This will give you the security of PR from day one and you are not tied to a particular employer.

If you feel more in a rush then it should be fairly easy for a nurse to pick up employer sponsorship, it is possible to get permanent employer sponsored visa but the temporary kind seem to be more commonly on offer. I am not a nurse so don't know exactly how you go about this, but there are plenty of nurses around who I am sure can help.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 4:23 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by harl113
Hi All

Me , partner and 3 kids thinking of making the move over to Oz and have a question.

My partner is a Nurse (ward sister) with several years experience aged 41.

We are abit confused on which visa would be best / easiest to obtain.

We would be looking to make the move permanent and it's Perth / surrounding area we are looking at.

Thanks in advance.

Terry
Hello Terry,
With your wife's skills it sounds like you would have a few options. You could try and secure a sponsor for a 457 or ENS visa or apply independently. An independent visa allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia. If you are set on Perth then you could apply for a SC176 with state sponsorship from WA (once the SMP is released). I expect a SC176 would be finalised within 12 months.

Feel free to contact me if you need further information.

Regards
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.

one more thing, we are getting married next June so should we wait till after this before we start thinking about which visa to go for?

Is there anything else we could be sorting if we are to wait after our wedding? i.e nurse registration...

cheers

terry
Old Dec 15th 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

still abit confused on what to do folks..

is sponsorship cheaper than the independant visa?

has anyone had their relocation costs paid for by their sponsor / employer?

not looking for a free load but 'every little helps'

also we dont have a property to sell in UK so will not have heaps of cash when we arrive.

any info is grately appreiciated

terry