Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currently you do not meet the invited score:(

Originally Posted by Mausam
Hi All,

Thanks to all for your inputs...

I would like to clarify that i had applied ACS for 263111 code.

I have qualification equivalent to AQF Diploma with major in computing which I did in year 2003 prior to starting my employment.

I got Positive skill assessment for 8 years experience from ACS (15 points awarded)

However I did my B.Tech along with my work and completed in the year 2010.So my highest qualification is Bachelor’s degree and i got 15 points for the same.

Case officer had missed the point that i have Diploma to prove my qualification prior to the work and she is reluctant to award points for experience before my B.TECH(i.e 2006-2010).I have explained the same situation to DIAC and waiting for their response.

Hope it is clear now....

Write an email to your DIAC case officer and CC your ACS case officer and for the last time explain your situation. . . ans points. .

We are sorry for you but it will not add any value for you. .
Try to negotiate with DIAC it is may a last hope. . .

Last edited by ios_ghost; Dec 18th 2012 at 5:49 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:36 am
Just Joined

devanand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currently you do not meet the invited score:(

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Mausam,

What you've encountered is known as a "deeming date". They say that if ACS accepted a qualification as relevant to being a professional then you couldn't have been a professional beforehand. This is just another example of how disingenuous DIAC is - they desperately try to tell people that they don't need migration agents but then to find out about their current deeming date approach you'd need to have purchased $2000 worth of databases and know how to research it.

Mausam if you haven't had a refusal already then I'm interested in helping, email below.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

Could you please explain on what a "deeming date" is?

I have received the ACS assessment as below :

Your Skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 of the ANZSCO Code

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication from XYZ University completed August 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

The following employment after August 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relavent to 263111 of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates 08/06 - 02/08 ( 1 Yr 6 Mths )
Position - XYZ
Employer - XYZ
Country - XYZ

Dates 03/08 - 09/09 ( 1 Yr 6 Mths )
Position - XYZ
Employer - XYZ
Country - XYZ

Dates 09/09 - 10/10 ( 1 Yr 1 Mths )
Position - XYZ
Employer - XYZ
Country - XYZ

Dates 10/10 - 10/11 ( 1 Yr 0 Mths )
Position - XYZ
Employer - XYZ
Country - XYZ

Dates 10/11 - 03/13 ( 1 Yr 5 Mths ) *
Position - XYZ
Employer - XYZ
Country - XYZ

*Currently Employed in the job

My question is, am I only allowed to claim points after August 2010 ( after - does this mean from Sept?? ). I am quite confused with the new assessment format. Could you please help me in understanding this...
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

Hi Devand,

The issue is whether you can claim work experience as "skilled". Having a degree in IT (as assessed by ACS) generally means that you can claim all your work experience after August 2006 as "skilled". Much harder for people who don't have a relevant qualification and have had to go through the ACS's RPL procedure.

Good luck with your application.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 6th 2013, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Devand,

The issue is whether you can claim work experience as "skilled". Having a degree in IT (as assessed by ACS) generally means that you can claim all your work experience after August 2006 as "skilled". Much harder for people who don't have a relevant qualification and have had to go through the ACS's RPL procedure.

Good luck with your application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thank you for the quick response George. I am glad that I am on the right track. I have couple more doubts though, if you could clarify please.

If you notice, ACS has a new wording in the assessment letter "The following employment after August 2010 is considered to equate...." should this be a cause for concern?
Also if you note, I have neither changed an occupation nor got promoted in Aug 2010 and the date seems wierd.

I had applied for EOI and have receive an invitation ( I had selected Job after 09/09 as skilled ). Now, since you said that I can consider all experience after Aug 2006 as skilled. Can I add my additional experience during visa lodgement? or should I stick to what I have stated in the EOI.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Devanand,

In fact the ACS has just changed its methodology, see https://www.acs.org.au/migration-ski...ws-and-updates . I had to confirm this with them by phone. As of last month they are giving an operative date determined by when an applicant meets their criteria.

In your case that would be August 2010, so that in trying to prove the 3 years overseas work experience you might need to delay your application a little. On the other hand, I think that reading the DIAC policy (inserted in another post just now), you might be able to claim that the ANZSCO requirement of having a degree takes primacy. It's a little unsettling in your case as there seems to be some uncertainty about how this will play out, hopefully DIAC will clarify the situation as soon as possible.

FWIW the ACS hasn't yet notified stakeholders about this change, which may affect a number of applicants. The link above however does confirm it.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by George Lombard; Jun 6th 2013 at 4:15 am. Reason: Further consideration of policy
Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Devanand,

In fact the ACS has just changed its methodology, see https://www.acs.org.au/migration-ski...ws-and-updates . I had to confirm this with them by phone. As of last month they are giving an operative date determined by when an applicant meets their criteria.

In your case that would be August 2010, so that in trying to prove the 3 years overseas work experience you might need to delay your application a little. On the other hand, I think that reading the DIAC policy (inserted in another post just now), you might be able to claim that the ANZSCO requirement of having a degree takes primacy. It's a little unsettling in your case as there seems to be some uncertainty about how this will play out, hopefully DIAC will clarify the situation as soon as possible.

FWIW the ACS hasn't yet notified stakeholders about this change, which may affect a number of applicants. The link above however does confirm it.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks again George. Looks like I am in a dicey situation now.

My current invitation will expire on 19th July, hopefully DIAC gives some clarity on this by then.

If I go by what ACS says as skilled employment, would I complete 3 years in July 2013 or is it by end of August. ( The word after August 2010 is confusing, if they wanted to omit August they could have just said "From Sept 2010")
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:52 am
Just Joined

AsherAsher is an unknown quantity at this point

Following is my case and I need advice on the same.
I have a Bachelor’s Degree with Commerce as my Stream.
================================================

My query is for my highest Qualification in my EOI I claimed 15 point for my “Bachelors of commerce” whereas it is not closely related to 262113.
And my MCITP Diploma will only give me 10 points.

My Total points are 60 including 15 points for my Bachelor’s Degree.

My Age is 28 30 Points
Bachelor’s Degree. 15 Points
NSW State Sponsorship 5 Points
Experience 10 points

IELTS 0 Points as I got 6.5 Bands in Reading and Writing.

Will I be awarded 15 Points for My Bachelor’s degree even if my ACS assesses my MCITP as AQF Diploma with a Major in computing.

If I will be awarded 10 Point what is the way out shall I reappear for IELTS and try to get 7 bands in each ??

Your advice on this query will highly appreciated .

Note : I have got Invitation from NSW and I have applied for Visa too.

This point strike my head and now I am worried as I have already spent $ 3060 .