Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Mausam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currently you do not meet the invited score:(

Hi All,

I am new to the forum.Looking forward for your response on query....

I had received Positive skill assessment from the ACS UNDER 263111(Computer Network and system Engineer) ANZSCO code on 5th September 2012.

I had filled up the EOI form truthfully & as per the Skills Assessment result received by me from ACS.Skill Select System had calculated my 70 points as per the below points:

a)relevant Employment in the Nominated Occupation(263111). 15 points in my case for 8 years of employment.
b. An Applicant is awarded points for the highest education . 15 in my case for my Bachelor’s degree.
c. Age – 30 points for my age, which is 32.
d. Language Proficiency – 10 points for my score of 7.0 or higher in each component of IELTS

I have received the following remarks from the Case office

“You were invited on a score of 70 points. Your assessed score is 60. As your assessed score does not meet the invited score, this application will be refused.”

As per the skills assessment provided from ACS dated 05/09/2012, your Associate Membership Examination Parts A and B from the Institution of Engineers completed in September 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor Degree. This means that your skilled level of employment begins only after September 2010. This would mean that you would only meet 3 out of 10 years of skilled employment points as you were invited on 01/10/2012.

AMIE is not a Regular B-TECH degree. This is a Professional Engineering degree, Awarded by the Institution of Engineers INDIA.You can enroll for it,only if you are an experienced Engineer(a minimum of 2 years work experience) who has an engineering Diploma or equivalent. When you do an AMIE Engineering degree, you can either quit your job and do it, or juggle your work an studies(which is much harder) like I did. Which means that I worked and studied at the same time.However out of my 8 years of experience (May 2004-Nov 2012) Case office is considering my experience only after September 2010.(Which comes out to be only 3 years

Guys please please help/guide me how to proceed in this case.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currently you do not meet the invited score:(

Well you could try explaining that to DIAC? It sounds like you have only got notice of being refus at this point.

But it is the case that in many professions the work experience only counts from the time that qualifications were obtained. Not really clear what you mean by this not being a "regular BTECH degree". Is it the only degree or qualification you have?
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your response...

I wanted the experts advice before sending a response to the DIAC.I will be sending the response to the case officer tomorrow.

I have completed a Diploma with a major in computing completed in May 2003.All my experience is post completion of the Diploma.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mausam

I wanted the experts advice before sending a response to the DIAC.I will be sending the response to the case officer tomorrow.

I have completed a Diploma with a major in computing completed in May 2003.All my experience is post completion of the Diploma.
If you need an experts advice you would probably be best to contact a registered MARA agent for assistance
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, if you want expert advice you have to pay for it.
Us non experts seem to agree that this is normal that immigration count your work experience as from when you finished your qualification. It doesn't sound like they are interested in your diploma, just the degree.

Other than pleading with them, not much you can do. I'm not sure that will help anyway. Good luck.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

What work will you be seeking in Australia?
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I have received the following remarks from the Case office

“You were invited on a score of 70 points. Your assessed score is 60. As your assessed score does not meet the invited score, this application will be refused.”

Sounds as if they have already refused, be aware that the penalty is harsh.

I can intentionally embellish my claims on my EOI to increase my points score and likelihood of getting an invitation.

There are some serious potential risks in providing false and misleading information in your EOI.

If you are invited to apply for a visa, the information in your EOI will be used as part of your visa application. You will then need to confirm your claims and submit evidence with your application.

If you provide false or misleading information on your EOI and receive an invitation based on this information, your application may be refused. If your visa application is refused you will lose your visa application charge and may also be subject to a bar which prevents the grant of a further visa.

whether it was intentional or unintentional it seems that the case officer has already decided as he/she has plainly stated, and I think no matter of pleading and explaining will change that.

However you could appeal through the Migration Review Tribunal although its going cost another $1400 and at best if you win you get half that back. Maybe you should consult your migration agent (if you used one) if you don't have a migration agent then its possible that you have made a costly mistake by doing it yourself.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 12:44 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Sounds as if they have already refused, be aware that the penalty is harsh.

whether it was intentional or unintentional it seems that the case officer has already decided as he/she has plainly stated, and I think no matter of pleading and explaining will change that.

However you could appeal through the Migration Review Tribunal although its going cost another $1400 and at best if you win you get half that back. Maybe you should consult your migration agent (if you used one) if you don't have a migration agent then its possible that you have made a costly mistake by doing it yourself.
I'm fairly sure that MRT is out of the question for an offshore visa.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems fairly obvious that you don't the relevant experience. If you chose to 'embellish' your experience, you WILL be found out, they don't just take your word for it.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I'm fairly sure that MRT is out of the question for an offshore visa.
Well if that is the case and the CO has indicated that its a refusal, better luck next time (3 years)
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point

That is really sad my friend. You should have used an agent. They would have seen other people with similar background and would have known how to properly present your case in a way that might have been more clearer.

Sorry to hear this but next time use an agent. If three years is too long, try somewhere else. Who knows what the rules will be at that time.

Life goes on, don't get disheartened.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

My skills has been assessed by ACS and my entire work experience was mentioned by ACS in the Positive Skills Assessment as suitable for point test. ACS will clearly mention if it does consider some of the applicant's experience as part of meeting educational requirements.

Also I had a qualification equivalent to AQF Diploma with major in computing prior to starting my employment,and the same was considered by ACS as meeting the educational requirement for my occupation.

points were awarded to me by the Skill Select System. I have no control on the calculation done by Skill Select.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

My skills has been assessed by ACS and my entire work experience was mentioned by ACS in the Positive Skills Assessment as suitable for point test. ACS will clearly mention if it does consider some of the applicant's experience as part of meeting educational requirements.

Also I had a qualification equivalent to AQF Diploma with major in computing prior to starting my employment,and the same was considered by ACS as meeting the educational requirement for my occupation.

points were awarded to me by the Skill Select System. I have no control on the calculation done by Skill Select.
So have you told DIAC this? There is usually a window of opportunity to state your case before they refuse a visa. You need to be talking to them not posting on a forum if you are not doing so already.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

I have emailed the case officer today.Waiting for her response now.

Has anyone got the invite if assessed score (By case officer) does not meet the invited score (Calculated by skill-select).

Were there any cases when the case officer was convinced???
Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Has anyone got the invite if assessed score (By case officer) does not meet the invited score (Calculated by skill-select).

?
What do you mean? This question makes no sense to me, case officers don't assess scores until an application is in, they don't assess scores at the invite stage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.