190 Visa

Old Oct 29th 2019, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

tomwatson92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 Visa

Hi all,

I'm after a little bit of help and guidance please.

So, i'm currently in the UK and my job is a 'vehicle damage assessor' - i guess in Australian terms that would be an insurance loss adjuster (Anzsco 599612) ?

I went to college in 2009 and passed my level 1 in Vehicle Service and Repair. (i then had quite a few years of valeting cars so nothing important) I then found the job that i am in currently where i passed my Vehicle Damage Assessor qualification through the IMI (same as my college pass) (Institute of the Motor Industry) i started working for the company in 2014 but only became qualified in 2017 so i'm unsure whether i have 2 years experience in my 'skilled' work or 5 years? Both of my qualifications i guess are only a certificate in a trade?

Anzsco 599612 is eligible for the 190 visa which means i would need a state sponsorship. After searching online there only appears to be 4 - ACT (states my occupation is not on their list but i MAY be eligible), NT (states my occupation is not on their list but i MAY be eligible) SA (States my occupation is on the supplementary list (when i search more into it, it states the occupation is not available to apply?)) and then Tasmania (states my occupation is not on their list but i MAY be eligible)

According to Anzsco my occupation is a skill level 3. Everything i'm finding online is contradicting - could anybody confirm whether my qualifications are satisfactory for the skill level 3? Or is that what VETASSESS will have to confirm?

Lets say that my qualifications/experience are okay enough for my occupation and i get passed by VETASSESS, when it comes to state sponsorship - i guess the chances of them sponsoring is minimum as my occupation is technically not on their list?

I'm just concerned that if i get through VETASSESS and i get an invitation then i fall down at the state sponsorship.

I'm hoping that someone could possibly clarify my situation for me as like i said, everything i find online just contradicts one another.

Thanks,

Tom