189 visa processing times

Old Apr 7th 2016, 3:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 visa processing times

Originally Posted by blue_bird
Hello everyone.

We have received invitation to apply under 190 visa subclass today with the term of 14 days limitation. Since 190 not comes in rounds is it worth to wait until next week's 189 invitation rounds or not? What kind of visa will be issued more quickly so far under general subclass 189 or 190? I know it's better not to have limitations in state for settling but NSW works good for us.

Thanks
I think 190's have a higher priority than the 189 so in theory would be issued quicker. Do you have an invitation to apply for the 190 though or just apply for sponsorship?
Old Apr 7th 2016, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

blue_bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think 190's have a higher priority than the 189 so in theory would be issued quicker. Do you have an invitation to apply for the 190 though or just apply for sponsorship?
Yes, we received invitation this morning (British time).
Old Apr 8th 2016, 1:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we received invitation this morning (British time).
Yes to which?

On another thread you are asking about NSW requirements so are you applying for NSW sponsorship, and if successful you will get invite to apply for 190.

Or do you have an invite from DIBP for 190? If it is from DIBP you should have 60 days to lodge your application and pay the fee.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Yes to which?

On another thread you are asking about NSW requirements so are you applying for NSW sponsorship, and if successful you will get invite to apply for 190.

Or do you have an invite from DIBP for 190? If it is from DIBP you should have 60 days to lodge your application and pay the fee.
We have received invitation from NSW already issued on April 7th.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 5:07 am

We have received invitation from NSW already issued on April 7th.
So NSW has invited you to apply for nomination (state sponsorship) and if successful you will get an invitation to apply for 190 visa from DIBP.

NSW have some advice for applicants - Selecting Applicants - Live & Work in New South Wales
Old Apr 8th 2016, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

So NSW has invited you to apply for nomination (state sponsorship) and if successful you will get an invitation to apply for 190 visa from DIBP.

NSW have some advice for applicants - Selecting Applicants - Live & Work in New South Wales
Oh, I see. We have misread their email. Thanks. Than we have 14 days to apply for nomination and if selected than apply for visa under 190. So, it is not still guaranteed that we will be selected, is it?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 3:18 pm

Oh, I see. We have misread their email. Thanks. Than we have 14 days to apply for nomination and if selected than apply for visa under 190. So, it is not still guaranteed that we will be selected, is it?
No but only some EOI's are selected to apply for nomination so it's a good chance provided. Have you had a read through the NSW site?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

No but only some EOI's are selected to apply for nomination so it's a good chance provided. Have you had a read through the NSW site?
Yes, we did. We just overlooked that phrase about "invitation to apply for nomination."... But we also hope for subclass 189 as my husband has now enough points to qualify but will still apply for nomination to have more flexibility.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again for your promtp replies but I just wonder how long approximately NSW immigration make their decision to nominate or not? I read that the timeframe for processing is 12 weeks but do they really take that long or usually not? Things is that NSW has been received by my husband but I did applied for NT nomination under subclass 489 and got email that is has been successful on Friday with 28 days to confirm. We want to try other ways first but do not want to lose NT nomination... Just to have any opportunity to move Down Under. Hope you understand.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 12:15 am

Thanks again for your promtp replies but I just wonder how long approximately NSW immigration make their decision to nominate or not? I read that the timeframe for processing is 12 weeks but do they really take that long or usually not? Things is that NSW has been received by my husband but I did applied for NT nomination under subclass 489 and got email that is has been successful on Friday with 28 days to confirm. We want to try other ways first but do not want to lose NT nomination... Just to have any opportunity to move Down Under. Hope you understand.
I'm sure you are aware that only one of you needs a nomination - that you can both be included on the same application.

The 489 is a temporary visa with a path to PR. You would be required to live in a regional area for 2 years, with at least 12months full time employment. I'm not sure if you are allowed to change your regional area during that time but I would have thought that the 190 was the better option since you would be PR from the get go.

However, if your heart is set on the NT, there is nothing to stop you moving there after you have completed the 2 years in NSW.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

I'm sure you are aware that only one of you needs a nomination - that you can both be included on the same application.

The 489 is a temporary visa with a path to PR. You would be required to live in a regional area for 2 years, with at least 12months full time employment. I'm not sure if you are allowed to change your regional area during that time but I would have thought that the 190 was the better option since you would be PR from the get go.

However, if your heart is set on the NT, there is nothing to stop you moving there after you have completed the 2 years in NSW.
Thanks. I know that there is 2 years restrictriction and that only one of us could either apply. I did try NT as we were not sure that my husband would qualify as he has been missing 5 points. He has passed PTE since that time and got higher points. So, we did apply for NSW as well and have been invited to apply for nomination. And also did received nomination from NT territories couple days later. I have not been sure if my application would be given chance as did read here that it's quite difficult to get it especially with my occupation. Now, we do not want to miss as it is unclear yet if NSW state will nominate us. We sure want to get PR visa instead of provisional but if we will not be invited by NSW we still want to have any of it.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

TanyaGl is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear helpful people, hello! Im with a question again
Through wich channels can DIBP check the person applying for the visa? Somewhere I read they can call to local tax offices and check the info. On the other hand this is the world practice not to share with third parties. Im not mentioning references from work cuz it is obvious they might call. So does anyone of you know have real experience to share?
Many thanks in advance!!
Old Apr 13th 2016, 7:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TanyaGl
Through wich channels can DIBP check the person applying for the visa? Somewhere I read they can call to local tax offices and check the info. On the other hand this is the world practice not to share with third parties. Im not mentioning references from work cuz it is obvious they might call. So does anyone of you know have real experience to share?
Many thanks in advance!!
What is worrying you about DIBP checking information?
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TanyaGl
Many thanks in advance!!
As far as I understand DIBP does not contact tax offices - you should have filled "tax return" or "self-assessment" annually and should provide it to DIBP. But why it is worrying you? Do you have something to hide?
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I understand DIBP does not contact tax offices - you should have filled "tax return" or "self-assessment" annually and should provide it to DIBP. But why it is worrying you? Do you have something to hide?
Probably not the kindest thing to do - to ask someone straight out if they have something to hide. Their worry might be about something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.