189 visa processing times

Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Mrs_skinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 189 visa processing times

Hi,

We submitted our 189 visa application on 26/01/2016 have uploaded all relevant docs and completed medicals. Do you know how long it takes from here? The website says up to 3 months, but I'm hoping it's much sooner
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 visa processing times

Originally Posted by Mrs_skinner
Hi,

We submitted our 189 visa application on 26/01/2016 have uploaded all relevant docs and completed medicals. Do you know how long it takes from here? The website says up to 3 months, but I'm hoping it's much sooner
Sorry but as far as I know, no-one here works for DIBP to give you a more accurate estimation than their website. Once you get your visa though, you will have approx. 12 months from the date you did medicals and police checks to validate them and they are valid for travel for 5 years from date of issue once validated.

Is there a reason you would like the visa issued so quickly?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sorry but as far as I know, no-one here works for DIBP to give you a more accurate estimation than their website. Once you get your visa though, you will have approx. 12 months from the date you did medicals and police checks to validate them and they are valid for travel for 5 years from date of issue once validated.

Is there a reason you would like the visa issued so quickly?
No, no reason, just excited to get thqw ball rolling to go! It has taken us soo long to finally bite the bullet and go for it. Now we just can't wait to start our new adventure. Thanks for your reply
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:24 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

3 months is VERY short timeframe for immigrations. Spouses of australian citizens are looking at either side of one year timeframe so for you, please sit back and breathe easy, it'll fly by
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs_skinner
No, no reason, just excited to get thqw ball rolling to go! It has taken us soo long to finally bite the bullet and go for it. Now we just can't wait to start our new adventure. Thanks for your reply
Are you planning a validation trip at all? If not, maybe look at getting shipping quotes while you wait. Also, de-junking / de-cluttering may keep you busy - or just join in some of the gossip in our other sections.

What part of the country are you planning on heading to?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Are you planning a validation trip at all? If not, maybe look at getting shipping quotes while you wait. Also, de-junking / de-cluttering may keep you busy - or just join in some of the gossip in our other sections.

What part of the country are you planning on heading to?
No, we are just going for it, hoping around mid August. We are just starting to get a few quotes in now and getting rid of a few things.

We are looking at Brisbane south side. My husband and I spent 6 months out the a few years ago and just loved it.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

The time between application and invite can vary greatly, I received my visa just a week after applying, but from what I have read and been told it is rare it is this quick!
Just make sure you've uploaded everything you think can be of use so hopefully the case officer does not need to contact you.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

sameuropean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mgreaves
The time between application and invite can vary greatly, I received my visa just a week after applying, but from what I have read and been told it is rare it is this quick!
Just make sure you've uploaded everything you think can be of use so hopefully the case officer does not need to contact you.
Congratulation for getting VISA so quickly. Wish you good luck for new adventures.

Could you please share does 189 Visa require any funds evidence before grant of this VISA?

Regards.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sameuropean
Congratulation for getting VISA so quickly. Wish you good luck for new adventures.

Could you please share does 189 Visa require any funds evidence before grant of this VISA?

Regards.
No I did not include any form of financial evidence, there is no requirement here as far as I am aware.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

wee_mo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am all new to the forum, we are trying to collate all information so we can apply for the 189 visa. Did you find it easy to do yourself without an agent? also could you outline the steps you did from start to finish? I am a bit confused where to start lol, thanks.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by wee_mo
Hi, I am all new to the forum, we are trying to collate all information so we can apply for the 189 visa. Did you find it easy to do yourself without an agent? also could you outline the steps you did from start to finish? I am a bit confused where to start lol, thanks.
There is a rough guide to skilled migration in the BE wiki - A Rough Guide to Australian General Skilled Migration : British Expat Wiki

but all information should be on DIBP website - Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

There are some FAQ on things here - SkillSelect
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

wee_mo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, yes I am going through all sites to piece it all together, just thought I would ask someone who has been there ;-)
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by wee_mo
Hi, yes I am going through all sites to piece it all together, just thought I would ask someone who has been there ;-)
I did some of it myself, and used an agent at the end but even when you use an agent, you still need to make sure you have the information to give them.

First step is to see what the requirements of your skills assessment would be. Then if you believe you can pass this, to see if you can make the points requirement and English.

If this is the case, go back and see what info is required for skills assessment and get this ready and apply for this. If you do need IELTS for DIBP, you can do this while skills assessment is processing.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 5:08 am
Just Joined

Ferrets is an unknown quantity at this point

We got invited on 22nd January, submitted that day and all documentation uploaded by 25th January. Got the visas on 12th Feb.

Had taken your lead and downloaded the documents but didn't bother with form 80.

I think ours was just a bit longer than yours because of the high number of invited in January.

Fingers crossed for the OP that yours come soon!
Old Feb 24th 2016, 7:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No I did not include any form of financial evidence, there is no requirement here as far as I am aware.
Correct, there's no financial requirement for the visa itself....just whatever you need to survive in a new country!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.