189 visa processing times

Old Feb 25th 2016, 3:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 visa processing times

Originally Posted by sameuropean
My brother 32 and sister 39
Siblings are not usually classed as dependants. If they lack the capacity to care for themselves, then they will likely fail the medical. If they could pass the medical then they are likely not dependant.

If you are supporting them financially, you would be able to continue to do this from Australia, but it is unlikely that they will be able to be included on your visa. If you have already included them in the application, I would seek advice from a MARA agent

Just my opinion, but I think you have already been told this
Old Feb 25th 2016, 3:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Siblings are not usually classed as dependants. If they lack the capacity to care for themselves, then they will likely fail the medical. If they could pass the medical then they are likely not dependant.

If you are supporting them financially, you would be able to continue to do this from Australia, but it is unlikely that they will be able to be included on your visa. If you have already included them in the application, I would seek advice from a MARA agent

Just my opinion, but I think you have already been told this
He has. Here
But when it came to telling us exactly WHY they are dependent and cannot cope on their own - which is the justification DIBP will want - he stopped answering............ I'm still curious to find out.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 4:03 am
Just Joined

sameuropean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He has. Here
But when it came to telling us exactly WHY they are dependent and cannot cope on their own - which is the justification DIBP will want - he stopped answering............ I'm still curious to find out.
No jobs oportunities available for 8th grade pass brother.
Culture does not support 5 grade pass sister to do job.
So both are financially dependent on that main applicant for basis needs of food,clothing,travelling etc.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 4:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but that's not likely to fly with DIBP.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 5:56 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No jobs oportunities available for 8th grade pass brother.
Culture does not support 5 grade pass sister to do job.
So both are financially dependent on that main applicant for basis needs of food,clothing,travelling etc.
As Dorothy says, I can't see any way that DIBP will see them as dependent on you. they are in their 30s and so must be able to do something to support themselves.
I hate to say this, but if you were dead, how would they support themselves? They would have to find jobs and help each other out. That is how DIBP will see it. Western culture is very different, we are not expected to support siblings, certainly not at that age.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 6:00 am
Just Joined

As Dorothy says, I can't see any way that DIBP will see them as dependent on you. they are in their 30s and so must be able to do something to support themselves.
I hate to say this, but if you were dead, how would they support themselves? They would have to find jobs and help each other out. That is how DIBP will see it. Western culture is very different, we are not expected to support siblings, certainly not at that age.
Thank you . You are so kind.
Let me advise the main applicant accordingly.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 6:08 am
Home and Happy

Now I'm really confused. You said you were applying for a 189 and wanted to include your siblings.

Either way though the answer is the same. DIBP are highly unlikely to allow the siblings to migrate as they are of an age when they are able to work and support themselves.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Now I'm really confused. You said you were applying for a 189 and wanted to include your siblings.

Either way though the answer is the same. DIBP are highly unlikely to allow the siblings to migrate as they are of an age when they are able to work and support themselves.
Thank you so much for the advise.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 10:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So are you some sort of agent for the main applicant? And you're using BE as your source of information for this? Now I truly have seen everything!
Old Feb 26th 2016, 4:21 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Dorothy
So are you some sort of agent for the main applicant? And you're using BE as your source of information for this? Now I truly have seen everything!
We've had them on here before unfortunately. DIBP usually pick their details up while browsing the site as they look out for people who are using unregistered agents and maybe being eceonomical with the truth.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 4:23 am
Home and Happy

Thank you so much for the advise.
Its just information, not advice. Its illegal to give migration advice in Australia unless you are a registered agent.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Its just information, not advice. Its illegal to give migration advice in Australia unless you are a registered agent.
Then thank you for the information and by the way I'm not any agent.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 6:42 am
Still alive

So then why are you saying that you will advise the main applicant?
Old Feb 26th 2016, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Old Feb 27th 2016, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

TanyaGl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mgreaves
I applied for myself and my de facto partner, to prove our relationship I uploaded joint bills, bank statements, a couple of photos and a letter wrote and signed by me explaining when and how we met etc.
Dear mgreaves. Can I ask you a few questions on this topic? You applied for 189, they gave you permanent residency. What in this case your partner receive? The same legal conditions? Does it allow your partner yo easily work in Australia? Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.