189 visa processing times

Old Feb 24th 2016, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Mrs_skinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 189 visa processing times

We got invited on the 8th Jan and submitted and uploaded docs by the 26th. Medicals were completed on the 9th. So now it's just a waiting game! Status is assessment in progress, I'm the most impatient person, but keeping busy with getting shipping quotes etc. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of

Our actual visa application went in last monday, we've got all documentation for points etc. police checks should be back by monday coming (if royal mail play the game), and medicals booked for next thursday but i have 2 questions.

how long do the medical results take?
how long roughly til the visa will be granted?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WilliamStacey
how long do the medical results take?how long roughly til the visa will be granted?
The medicals should be uploaded after 4 or 5 days I think, this is down to the company/person who did them for you.
If you read the rest of this topic there is no rough time, it varies case by case.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mgreaves
The medicals should be uploaded after 4 or 5 days I think, this is down to the company/person who did them for you.
If you read the rest of this topic there is no rough time, it varies case by case.
So hopefully by 8/9/10th march everything will be good to go, just playing the waiting game. other than evidence of points, police checks and medicals is there anything else that can be requested?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

So hopefully by 8/9/10th march everything will be good to go, just playing the waiting game. other than evidence of points, police checks and medicals is there anything else that can be requested?
Basically you need to provide evidence for everything you have stated in your EOI. So education, work experience, language, age/who you are, and anything else you have stated such as other peoples details in your application.
Form 80 is requested every now and again, I think it is usually for people who have travelled a lot or are from countries classed as risky? I ignored this as it is a very long form requiring detailed lists of 10 years worth of travel and employment.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Basically you need to provide evidence for everything you have stated in your EOI. So education, work experience, language, age/who you are, and anything else you have stated such as other peoples details in your application.
Form 80 is requested every now and again, I think it is usually for people who have travelled a lot or are from countries classed as risky? I ignored this as it is a very long form requiring detailed lists of 10 years worth of travel and employment.
We are using an agent so got to assume its all in hand, they are MARA (?) registered so i'll just try keep calm and wait it out
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

We are using an agent so got to assume its all in hand, they are MARA (?) registered so i'll just try keep calm and wait it out
If you have an agent they will request what is needed in advance. There is potentially weeks of waiting so you just need to be patient.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that you did not have to complete form 80 - it used to be for everyone. I was even asked to complete form 80 for the young spark who was 17 when we applied for our visas. And no, not from a high risk country or visited any.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm surprised that you did not have to complete form 80 - it used to be for everyone. I was even asked to complete form 80 for the young spark who was 17 when we applied for our visas. And no, not from a high risk country or visited any.
If people were saying it is needed I would have submitted it but the suggestion elsewhere is it is not needed if you have a straight forward case. From what others have said I can't see a pattern with some people being asked and some not with no clear difference between them.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 3:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If people were saying it is needed I would have submitted it but the suggestion elsewhere is it is not needed if you have a straight forward case. From what others have said I can't see a pattern with some people being asked and some not with no clear difference between them.
Yeah it really seems to be a lottery as to whether its requested or not these days, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Used to be an essential with all visas but thats over 10 years ago and the form itself is vastly different now.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

sameuropean is an unknown quantity at this point

The time between application and invite can vary greatly, I received my visa just a week after applying, but from what I have read and been told it is rare it is this quick!
Just make sure you've uploaded everything you think can be of use so hopefully the case officer does not need to contact you.
How many relative dependents did get this visa with you ?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sameuropean
How many relative dependents did get this visa with you ?
I applied for myself and my de facto partner, to prove our relationship I uploaded joint bills, bank statements, a couple of photos and a letter wrote and signed by me explaining when and how we met etc.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 1:33 am
Just Joined

I applied for myself and my de facto partner, to prove our relationship I uploaded joint bills, bank statements, a couple of photos and a letter wrote and signed by me explaining when and how we met etc.
Thank you and how did you prove depedency?
Old Feb 25th 2016, 1:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sameuropean
Thank you and how did you prove depedency?
Who are you hoping to include in your application as a dependant?
Old Feb 25th 2016, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Who are you hoping to include in your application as a dependant?
My brother 32 and sister 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.