189 hints and tips

Old Apr 4th 2018, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

geo_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 189 hints and tips

Hi guys, we've had our EOI in since October 2017 but were only sitting on 65pts as my Wife (who is a Nurse) only had 7yrs experience when lodged.
On the 1st of April we received a message on SkillSelect saying that we're now unto the 70pts as she has hit the 8yrs experience mark.
Now at the 70pts mark we want to be prepared as we can be, as we are planning doing the application ourselves. We are both accustomed to filling out government paperwork so feel fairly comfortable with this.

We've scanned all our ID documents ready to upload and also references for my wife's job. We've started a "Form 80" for both of us and also completed an IELTS.
We have looked at medicals and police checks but wonder if its worth waiting for the invite before starting these???

My wife is Type1 insulin dependant diabetic with a very good hba1c and no complications... It would be good to hear from any other T1D's if there were any hassles with medicals etc.

We're looking to see form others knowledge and past experiences, is there anything else that we can be doing at this time, that would assist in streamlining the process. We basically want to be prepared as we can be.

Appreciate I've waffled a little bit any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 4th 2018, 11:07 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 hints and tips

Originally Posted by geo_1987
Hi guys, we've had our EOI in since October 2017 but were only sitting on 65pts as my Wife (who is a Nurse) only had 7yrs experience when lodged.
On the 1st of April we received a message on SkillSelect saying that we're now unto the 70pts as she has hit the 8yrs experience mark.
Now at the 70pts mark we want to be prepared as we can be, as we are planning doing the application ourselves. We are both accustomed to filling out government paperwork so feel fairly comfortable with this.

We've scanned all our ID documents ready to upload and also references for my wife's job. We've started a "Form 80" for both of us and also completed an IELTS.
We have looked at medicals and police checks but wonder if its worth waiting for the invite before starting these???

My wife is Type1 insulin dependant diabetic with a very good hba1c and no complications... It would be good to hear from any other T1D's if there were any hassles with medicals etc.

We're looking to see form others knowledge and past experiences, is there anything else that we can be doing at this time, that would assist in streamlining the process. We basically want to be prepared as we can be.

Just to confirm, you do already have assessment from ANMAC / AHPRA?
Old Apr 5th 2018, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Yes sorry... ANMAC assessment is complete and AHPRA is in hand.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 5:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo_1987

Medicals and police checks are only valid for 12 months from the date of completion, and they use the date of the earlier one as a basis for your validation date.
So from the date that you do the first of the two, you will only have 12 months (in almost all cases) in which to get the visa granted and make your first entry to Australia. This is why most people wait until they are requested by a Case Officer, otherwise you may end up with a visa granted, and only a couple of weeks in which to make a trip to Australia!
Old Apr 5th 2018, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Medicals and police checks are only valid for 12 months from the date of completion, and they use the date of the earlier one as a basis for your validation date.
So from the date that you do the first of the two, you will only have 12 months (in almost all cases) in which to get the visa granted and make your first entry to Australia. This is why most people wait until they are requested by a Case Officer, otherwise you may end up with a visa granted, and only a couple of weeks in which to make a trip to Australia!
Ah okidoke... we will hold off on that one then.