176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

Originally Posted by carteruk1
Yes well maybe some of us arent as good with computer as yourself so think theres someone out there that can answer straight away you would have understood why i thought noone knew answer. Maybe other people also need to have more patience with people like myself!
You don't need to be good with computers to understand that Dorothy was simply pointing out the time difference. Sometimes, a question can only be answered by someone who may not come online more than once a week so patience comes in handy (especially when you're actually going through the migration application - that takes a fair bit of time too) . We are all just people in lots of countries who either want advice or who are happy to pass on their knowledge from their own migration journey. However, we all work/play/sleep/eat and only in spare time post on forums.

Loads of help and advice on here so keep asking. You may want to check out the Nursing Forum as well. Whilst it's a worldwide forum, there are stacks of Aussie nurses and UK nurses wanting to move here on there.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
Why ban the member though ? what do BE rules say about what you have to do to deserve a ban ? I thought Kyle was just making a point, and thats precisely the purpose of a 'forum' ..
Kyle was a previously banned member who has been causing trouble by trolling on the site, rejoining under different names, and posting abuse
Old Sep 17th 2009, 10:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hi all, im a nurse and have been for last 12 years. I only work 18 hours per week and have done so for the past 5 years, am i right in saying that to qualify for this visa for australia i need to have worked a minimum 20 hours for past 12 months out of 24. Seems so unfair if that is the case as i have loads of experience, thanks. claire
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You don't need to be good with computers to understand that Dorothy was simply pointing out the time difference. Sometimes, a question can only be answered by someone who may not come online more than once a week so patience comes in handy (especially when you're actually going through the migration application - that takes a fair bit of time too) . We are all just people in lots of countries who either want advice or who are happy to pass on their knowledge from their own migration journey. However, we all work/play/sleep/eat and only in spare time post on forums.

Loads of help and advice on here so keep asking. You may want to check out the Nursing Forum as well. Whilst it's a worldwide forum, there are stacks of Aussie nurses and UK nurses wanting to move here on there.
Also have a look for posts by a lady called Tiredwithtwins - she has been working towards applying to Australia for years, and part of her problems has been the need to work a certain number of hours a week in order to qualify - in spite of many years in her career already. She really is an example of someone determined to work towards a goal, and I'm sure she'll get there one day. Shows what yo can do if you are determined enough

(Hope so anyway, can't wait to meet up with her again!)
Old Sep 17th 2009, 10:44 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

hi all, im a nurse and have been for last 12 years. I only work 18 hours per week and have done so for the past 5 years, am i right in saying that to qualify for this visa for australia i need to have worked a minimum 20 hours for past 12 months out of 24. Seems so unfair if that is the case as i have loads of experience, thanks. claire
.. u lag behind by jus 2 hrs...
Why don you ask your manager to provide more hrs... I have no clue how docs and nurses work in Scotland...

anyways.. good luck!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
Nothing to do with computer skills at all. The time difference between the UK (or wherever else) and Australia is something all posters need to keep in mind.

Your first post was at 1:42am Brisbane time, and the second just after 6am. Almost everyone on the board in Australia would have been sleeping. It does take a while to get used to, I remember having a hard time waiting when I first joined up while in Canada.
But this is based on the assumption tht only people from australia replies to queries in this forum, which is a wrong assumption mate :

There are very helpful senior members in this forum from all over the globe (just to pick some example- aman/bannie from india...shiva from zambia etc..)...the purpose of having an 'internet forum' is lost, the moment we take a local time zone perspective. Ya I know this is australia immigration forum, but doesnt necessarily mean tht replies come from australia only.

Cheers mate.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:00 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by supriyag123
But this is based on the assumption tht only people from australia replies to queries in this forum, which is a wrong assumption mate :
Yes, I know that... I was even thinking about it while I posted. That's why I specifically "Almost everyone on the board in Australia". I know there are probably lots of other people in the UK and elsewhere that might be able to help.

Unfortunatley though a lot of the really good (accurate and informed) immigration advice comes from those who have already been through the process and in Australia already. That's not to say that others (from all over the globe) can't help, I'm just talking about the numbers in Australia versus out.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the OP has got the information she asked for and has decided to leave the thread it's time to close it.